• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can't sync my Desire with PC

Mohsee

Lurker
Aug 31, 2010
I got desire 4 days back, and i've tried everything but iam not able to sync my phone with pc. I have 2.1, pc is having vista.
I tried the sync software from sd card which came with it (ver 2.0 something), and i've tried vers 3.0 also, the latest one. (i made sure to uninstall completely the previous installation)
i find no reason whatsoever that it should'nt sync now. the cable iam using is the one i recieved with the original phone.
i've tried all four modes of the phone, but doesnt work. PC is displaying the new drive after connection, but it says " please insert disk into removable disk". :S
help someone plz. its frustrating.

I have a similar problem.

I connect my Desire to the PC and go through all the motions of syncing. They both do their part and when all is over my PC says that I have never synced my phone to it.

I have got HTC Sync version 3.0.
PC OS is W7 64bit

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Cogs
Life was so much simpler in the '60's.

Upvote 0
I've got the same problem as Mike-11 and am growing extremely frustrated as I've had this new phone for 5 days now and can't sync any of the data on my iphone 3Gs, either via bluetooth or PC.

I opted for the DHD over upgrading to the iphone 4 but given the issues with even just getting started with it, I'm seriously thinking of taking it back.

Any tips or assistance at all would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I know it doesn't directly solve these problems, but maybe it's worth looking at MyPhoneExplorer which I've found to be a great way of syncing phones.

Here's the website: FJ Software Development

+1 for MPE. I'd also look around here and on xda-developers for threads on problems like this. I'm sure I've seen particular ones regarding HTC Sync and W7-64 but you'd need to check them out yourself.

Dave

Upvote 0
I have an HTC Desire:
Try running the HTC app on your PC as an administrator.
Select start, programs when you see it in teh list right click and select "run as administrator. when running then plug in your phone. The phone should display "choose a connection type" select HTC sysnc and hit done. The PC app should now start syncing and show the progress. Hope this helps

Upvote 0
+1 for MPE. I'd also look around here and on xda-developers for threads on problems like this. I'm sure I've seen particular ones regarding HTC Sync and W7-64 but you'd need to check them out yourself.

Dave

+2 for MPE. Installed it yesterday, syncs perfectly, easy to use, professional looking and functioning software. Also allows sync of SMS messages and general files (I assume it could sync music too). It can even sync over Wifi!

As a bonus, it also syncs with Thunderbird and some other email programs. This finally lets me get away from MS Outlook (can't stand Office 2010 - now using Thunderbird and OpenOffice).

As an aside, I also recently converted to MediaMonkey for managing and syncing music and playlists - avoids all the stuffing around trying to sync with iTunes playlists.

With MPE, my Desire is now the device I expected it to be. HTCSync was holding it back...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones