• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I custom painted my housing and case

I painted my own housing and case.
SamsungGalaxyNote4purple-web.jpg

I've done many a notebook & phone, so I'm pretty good at it.
http://1-4u-computer-graphics.com/notebookpaint.htm

Wonder if anyone's willing to try something like this on an S6/Edge+/Note5.
Perhaps lightly bead-blast the glass so the treatment would adhere better.
I might just call around locally this coming week,see if anyone has the equipment to do so.......
I've managed to paint many of my phones & notebooks I've had. I like them to be unique and "mine". Some are harder to paint than others due to the finish and/or masking... but worth the time to do it for me. I don't want the same phone or notebook as the next person.... So next year, I'll do my next phone. I'm buying a new notebook next month, so I'll paint that one too. :)

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
One place I worked at many moons ago had a small vertical CNC milling machine that we used mainly for engraving,small detail work on injection-molding inserts/etc.......
Would be perfect for anything you could imagine in customizing/texturing/etc....
It's a little tricky for plastic items,but,it can be done,it just takes longer machine run time,but,those machines are blink-of-an-eye quick,wouldn't take terribly long to knock-out a simple/repeated pattern.

Upvote 0
Hey jack! Dropped in to pay a visit. LOL! Again, great work!
Hey Stranger!
Got a nice compliment yesterday on my paint job. I was in the Tacoma Mall since my wife wanted to shop some, so I went in the AT&T store and the Best Buy phone store there. The manager at the Best Buy Phone store immediately saw my phone as I had it out and asked to look at it. She asked where I got the housing from as she never saw one other than the white or black ones. I told her I painted it myself and she looked at it again and said "No Way!" She loved it. AND she agreed with me that it was better to hang onto the Note 4 than get the Note 5... and wait to see what comes out next year. I was surprised the manager would say that as it is their job to sell phones... but she proceeded to pull her phone out of her pocket... which was a Note 4.... then she winked at me. We need more managers like that!

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Jack, I have to admit that is some nice paint work...... I just have the White Note4 because I got tired of black phones .
Thanks for the kind words... I too was tired of black phones, switched to white, then to what I have now. EVERYBODY has a black or white phone anymore... not me, I gotta be different. Just like on my last two Corvette: (too many white or black cars)
Former Corvette 2002-2012:
http://1-4u-computer-graphics.com/1977.htm
2013-present:
http://1-4u-computer-graphics.com/jacks1977corvette.htm

Reactions: javamann
Upvote 0
Reactions: jack58
Upvote 0
In my first post had a double post of the same pics of Note 4 with the Lenovo Y410p laptop I painted.
Here I show the carbon fiber side of Note 4 that matches the laptop.
LenovoY410pPaint4-web.jpg

...and the maroon side of Note 4 that also matches the laptop.
LenovoY410pPaint5-web.jpg

Just in case anyone is interested, here are the specs of the laptop that I custom built.
Lenovo Ideapad Y410p - Intel Core i7 4700MQ - DDR3 16GB Memory - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - 1TB HDD SATA II HDD via Ultrabay - Blu Ray DVD via Ultrabay - Single/SLI Nvidia 750M + Intel 4600 HD - 9 cell 7800mAh battery - Windows 10 Pro x64

Last edited:
Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
I guess I'm the only one with a custom painted Note 4 AND laptop around the NW & on this forum, as every phone store I go to, it draws attention from the salespersons and they all say it's the first they seen one done like mine. I guess it is like cars, just how many custom paint jobs you see on cars... not many compared to all the black and white cars out there.
Black or White... how DULL!

Upvote 0
Personally, I could care less....

but, that is why they have sheep, or goats, or horses.

You choose the company or flavor you want to keep...

oh, I am talking about the cases on the phones..... you have a dirty mind LOL :eek:
Maybe I must be old, but I don't have a clue what the above "slang" means???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones