• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I didn't want a generic 'hi' title, so... WAHBANG!

Randomdog

Mar 7, 2010
I'm technically a bit of an outsider here because I don't have my Android phone yet - It should be arriving on tuesday (Motorola Milestone, i.e. Droid)

I always like to join forums about tech I own for tips, app recommendations, community, that sort of thing :)

I'm a 16 year old guy (17 next thusday, yes the phone is a birthday present) and I live in the UK. I love talking about music (punk and alternative through to classic rock - pretty varied taste :p)

I chose Android because I'm a bit of a social bean - Being connected to facebook, gmail and twitter constantly seemed like a great idea. Sure I could have gone with the iPhone but I'm sure that most of you wouldn't be here without knowing the reasons not to buy one ;)

Now, as I'll be getting my handset in a couple of days - are there any essential apps that everyone should have?

I'm technically a bit of an outsider here because I don't have my Android phone yet - It should be arriving on tuesday (Motorola Milestone, i.e. Droid)

I always like to join forums about tech I own for tips, app recommendations, community, that sort of thing :)

I'm a 16 year old guy (17 next thusday, yes the phone is a birthday present) and I live in the UK. I love talking about music (punk and alternative through to classic rock - pretty varied taste :p)

I chose Android because I'm a bit of a social bean - Being connected to facebook, gmail and twitter constantly seemed like a great idea. Sure I could have gone with the iPhone but I'm sure that most of you wouldn't be here without knowing the reasons not to buy one ;)

Now, as I'll be getting my handset in a couple of days - are there any essential apps that everyone should have?
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

I'd definitely say that there are essential apps try out - Astro File Manager, Barcode Scanner, Facebook, Google Goggles, Handcent SMS, Math Alarm Clock, Movies, Myspace, Pandora, Ringdroid, Ringtone Shuffler, Seesmic or Twidroid (for twitter), ShootU!, Shazam or SoundHound, (both will tell you information about a song - title, artist, album, etc. just from hearing it. SoundHound is better) TasKiller, WeatherBug, and a ton more, PM me if you need any help when you get your phone! Also RockOn is pretty cool for a music app, it tells you when bands or artists, you are listening to are going on tour and when they'll be near you.

Android is pretty sweet! You'll have fun here!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones