• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I exchanged my EVO today...

Well, Ive been debating with myself whether I should exchange my phone or not. It's a ver 2, and at first I didn't have a single problem with it other than the battery door/plate not really fitting snugly. In the last 2 weeks the screen has started to raise slightly and light leakage is present under the home and menu button. I decided since I only have 1 week left under my 30 days that I better return/exchange it now or never, I really don't want to deal with sending it in to HTC only to get a refurb down the line. I'm not big on paying new item prices just to end up with a used refurb... I went to BB today and the mobile manager agreed that the screen was an issue and it looks as though it could eventually come off, so she's trying to get me a new one by this Thurs! Even if the ver 3 has an inferior screen, I'd rather have one that stays intact. Really all of HTC's QC should be wtf fired, I work in QC and if we shipped something with this many problems I know I would be canned...minor defects can really add up to a bad experience if not taken care of. HTC really needs to start addressing these things as not just cosmetic defects. If you went to buy a new car and saw that the body panels are mis-aligned or coming off slightly would you think, "oh that's just cosmetic"?...lol.

I love my EVO and I love being on Sprint, I just don't want to have to worry about my purchase falling apart within the 1st month. /rant off

P.S. As for people complaining about the light leaking on the screen when viewed from above, you must be on crack, who the *$#& holds their phone upside down on a normal basis?? Unless you're Upside down face from Family Guy, in which case he still wouldn't see it! :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones