I finally rooted o.O

Last Updated:

1. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I finally rooted using the sticky guide on all things root and I just have to say how painless it was. I am so happy/excited to explore all the possibilities of this band new world! So far everything is working flawlessly. Anyone have any good insider tips/warning/anything useful?

Advertisement
  2. Thrasha

Thrasha Member

Yes.

Say Buh Bye to your warranty.

Be careful.

;)

3. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Congrats, and dont worry about the warranty, you can go back to stock. Your are one of us now :)

4. Whohulkwalk

Whohulkwalk Well-Known Member

I am way to scared to root but good for you

5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

The very first thing you should do without question is a Nand backup using Clockwork Mod.

6. birthofahero

I cant believe how much I have used that backup already lol. I did something ****ed up, used the back up and just repeated. Gotta learn somehow.

Also, is there an easy way to get back an app that you removed (ie cityid) I accidentally removed friendstream and would like it back.

7. Evil Sports

Evil Sports Well-Known Member

I want to be one of you but Im cant seem to figure it out, is someone willing to help an old guy along in aol im or something like that

8. shred1

shred1 Well-Known Member

Download titanium backup.Do a batch backup of all user apps/data.Then after having to do a nandroid backup.Re install titanium and just restore all previous apps.

9. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

You can get it back again with your nand restore assuming you did your nand backup before you 86'd it. :D

If not, you can probably find the .apk somewhere, you're not the first to ditch it and want it back. Might want to consider moving apps to a disabled folder in the future. Up to you tho, some people like to get rid of them altogether. If you're interested, check out this thread for details:
    http://www.jonamerica.com/technology/howto-root-the-htc-droid-incredible/

Otherwise, check out some of Adrenalyne's Roms. He removes the bloat out of the gate and puts out some quality stuff.

10. birthofahero

I did put them into a disabled folder, I just dont know how to access that folder to get the app back lol. I restored with nandroid anyway and alls good. :)

11. MathewS81

MathewS81 Well-Known Member

I just rooted today too and did unrevoked forever. Haven't done any roms yet though.