• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I got my Sprint Note 2!!! How about you.

iCackled!

My mom is 66 and you couldn't pry her S2 our of her hands even if you tried!! She loves it!!!

I'm telling you our mothers are something else. Is this your mothers first smartphone? All my mother did was text and she thought she was doing something. Since she had her S2, she has downloaded apps, finally learned how to send picture mail, checking her email, and uploading music. I can't believe this is the same woman who always frowned upon my obsession with technology and now shes a geek! Can't tell her nothing now.

Upvote 0
I'm telling you our mothers are something else. Is this your mothers first smartphone? All my mother did was text and she thought she was doing something. Since she had her S2, she has downloaded apps, finally learned how to send picture mail, checking her email, and uploading music. I can't believe this is the same woman who always frowned upon my obsession with technology and now shes a geek! Can't tell her nothing now.

Yes, this is her first smartphone.

It's funny because when she was looking for a smartphone, I suggested an iPhone, (I know, I know...bad ren857...LOL) only because it's simpler to use and there isn't much to explain. She refused and stated that she wanted the same phone that I had (I had the S2 at the time). LOL! Before she got the S2, she was a minor texter. Now, she texts all the time. She takes pics mostly of my one-year old son. She doesn't really use email, but she does download different apps. She loves her phone!

We are trying to convince my dad to come on board, but for some reason, he thinks smartphones with large screens are for women even after both my mom and I tell him that it's not true. My uncles and my husband all carry smartphones. BUT, he plays with my mom's phone a lot!! LOL!! He's 68 and he's a trip!!!

Upvote 0

Funny story....here's another.....
When I was getting my S2 an older lady (looked to be about 65) came into the Sprint store, walked over to the display of phones and began playing. She was TERRIFIED. Every time she touched the screen of the S2 and the phone responded, she literally jumped 50 ft across the other side of the store.

Me being me started laughing. I was curious to see how long she was going to keep at it. Believe me, watching her fly was hilarious. After a while she left the S2 and sauntered on over to the 4S. She wasn't jumping away from it each time she touched it......So, I'm thinking she found her comfort zone.

Next thing I know, they're ringing up a black S2 for her.....I was amazed that's the phone she picked. While I'm waiting for my transaction to complete, she's now sitting on one of the benches texting her ass off. She was a bit slow but she was doin' da dayum thing! She made my lil android heart proud!

When I was leaving she was still sitting there texting. I wonder if they had to call last call to get her out of there. :D

Upvote 0
looks like my dream of a black-friday deal for Sprint Note2 sale .. is dying.

I knew of the sprint s3 deal coming for $50.. and so other 3rd parties wold match it.
Best Buy's has just released their black friday add...
Best Buy Releases Black Friday Deals Preview - BriefMobile

there is NO mention of a NOTE2 deal... so i am guessing there will be no deals..

I didn't think it was likely so I bought one and I still don't think it will be likely. It was hard as heck to find one in a retail store as it was. I got the last one they had of their second shipment. I wanted white but didn't want to waste time on a third shipment. If you haven't ordered a protective case, order one now before you get the phone. I hate the flip case and those were in stock but the more corner protective full case was sold out. It's a big phone yet thin so I can see how it'd be more susceptible to flexing and glass cracking as has been reported. Get a stiff case if you want some extra piece of mind.

Upvote 0
looks like my dream of a black-friday deal for Sprint Note2 sale .. is dying.

I knew of the sprint s3 deal coming for $50.. and so other 3rd parties wold match it.
Best Buy's has just released their black friday add...
Best Buy Releases Black Friday Deals Preview - BriefMobile

there is NO mention of a NOTE2 deal... so i am guessing there will be no deals..

I wouldn't hold your hopes on it, but just to give you that little inkling of hope, Amazon had crazy deals last year where they offered phones for a penny, including some barely released phones (The one that sticks out in my head is the Bionic being offered for a penny and it had barely been released).

If there's a place I'd keep my eye out on, it'd be Amazon. If I don't have my phone by this weekend, I may just hold out for Black Friday, just to see if Amazon pulls that same routine again. I'll pay the penny to upgrade to the Note 2 from Amazon and just save all my Best Buy gift cards for the smaller Note tablet (whenever it's released) whenever it's released next year.

Upvote 0
Funny story....here's another.....
When I was getting my S2 an older lady (looked to be about 65) came into the Sprint store, walked over to the display of phones and began playing. She was TERRIFIED. Every time she touched the screen of the S2 and the phone responded, she literally jumped 50 ft across the other side of the store.

Me being me started laughing. I was curious to see how long she was going to keep at it. Believe me, watching her fly was hilarious. After a while she left the S2 and sauntered on over to the 4S. She wasn't jumping away from it each time she touched it......So, I'm thinking she found her comfort zone.

Next thing I know, they're ringing up a black S2 for her.....I was amazed that's the phone she picked. While I'm waiting for my transaction to complete, she's now sitting on one of the benches texting her ass off. She was a bit slow but she was doin' da dayum thing! She made my lil android heart proud!

When I was leaving she was still sitting there texting. I wonder if they had to call last call to get her out of there. :D

Lol thats great. I would've hollered every time she jumped. I guess she found a little excitement she haven't had in a while with the S2 :eek:.

Upvote 0
Well, looks like I should have a Galaxy Note 2 by Tuesday night, 11/13, (at the latest)...that is, the International Note 2 I ordered should reach me by then. I'm just crossing my fingers Best Buy gets stock in of my pre-order (and hopefully, a grey version they can sell me instead) this weekend. If not, I'll at least be going with my dedicated media player...LOL.

Upvote 0
Saves him a lot of money then lol

You're right. But now he's going to be a P.I.T.A. like he was with his Evo.
He's the type who wants you to show him how to do everything instead of trying on his own.....so I gave him a gift. Started to give him one of my cases but have him the user manual and a 32GB card. I might still give him a case....New baby so he's broke and buying this phone was a big expense for him.
Lol thats great. I would've hollered every time she jumped. I guess she found a little excitement she haven't had in a while with the S2 :eek:.
My mind went somewhere else.....You're a bad influence! :D

Upvote 0
Well, looks like I should have a Galaxy Note 2 by Tuesday night, 11/13, (at the latest)...that is, the International Note 2 I ordered should reach me by then. I'm just crossing my fingers Best Buy gets stock in of my pre-order (and hopefully, a grey version they can sell me instead) this weekend. If not, I'll at least be going with my dedicated media player...LOL.

It seems like you've been waiting FOREVER, I know you can't wait to get your hands on this well oiled machine!

Upvote 0
It seems like you've been waiting FOREVER, I know you can't wait to get your hands on this well oiled machine!

I may go MIA on the boards for a couple weeks once I do get it though...LOL.

I'm just glad I'll have the International one to Root and load up custom ROM's (for the first time ever since moving to Android). Knowing me though, I'll likely be so OCD about making sure I know exactly how to get back to a completely stock, non-rooted phone with the OEM ROM. I just don't like jumping into anything like this, unless I know exactly how to get back to square 1 (in the event anything goes wrong).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones