• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I had a Nabi2 the whole time

Apr 30, 2016
Lincoln
Well as a follow-up to my month in Dhell, I thought I'd share this. It came in a box of misc. odds and ends that I bought a while back. It was dead and when I connected my micro usb charger it remained that way. As I was digging around, looking for something two days ago, I noticed it had a separate DC 5v 2.0A charging port. I thought it was a headphone jack. A little more digging and I found the appropriate charger. It started charging!

https://www.amazon.com/nabi-2-NABI2-NV7A-Black-Red/dp/B008DBI5RI

Mine is in white and it has an Nvidia Tegra Processor. Wow. It is an amazing little children's tablet.
I was a little disappointed because the Google Playstore is not on this device. In fact it is completely Googleless. However there is development, root, TWRP and a method to add Google services.
It was at that time that I noticed something strange. After fully charging it and playing with it for a while, the battery level had only gone down 2%. Then after leaving it overnight it only decreased another 2. WiFi running the whole time. What an amazing battery this has. Then it dawned on me.
screenshot_1211035834.png

It doesn't have Google! There aren't any battery consuming services running.
Crazy the difference that it makes.
So I'm saying to Dhell with the Dhell!
My boy is getting a Nabi2 for Christmas:), complete with the equivalent of a 45,000 mAh battery (when compared to a "Googled" device);)

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones