• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I keep getting old emails show as new in K9 mail

boshaugh

Dec 5, 2009
i use k9 mail and have been fond of it but i keep getting emails that i have received w/in the last month show up as new emails on my phone. some emails show up more often then others but there is no real pattern or logic behind it. i usually delete them on the phone and move on but its getting more and more annoying. anyone else have this problem?

no, its nothing to do w/settings. i'll get the same message pop as new on my phone 10 or 20 times even after i delete it on the phone (although not the server). typically its emails that are 2-4 weeks old.

Very strange. Have you tried deleting the account in which that happens, then re-creating it?

I assume also that it's a POP3 account, not an iMap account.

Upvote 0
Old thread but still a problem...for me anyway.
Old adresses showing up all the time. Some I have never written to and they have never been in my Gmail contacts, so that is quiet confussing.

Using Sony Xperia L with Android 4.1.2

I was a k9 fan for months, but all these little quirks caused me to switch to maildroid. I've never looked back. Couldn't be happier

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones