• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I like the phone, but people have commented that they have trouble hearing me

babybcp

Aug 7, 2012
It mostly seems to be when I'm using the phone on the right side of my face. I can't hold it in the 'natural' position pointing down my jaw-line, I have to hold it almost straight side-ways from my ear to my mouth. And I can completely forget about holding the phone with my face/shoulder when my hands are trying to tie the kids' shoes! They have no problem hearing me when I hold it on my left side, but since I'm right handed it gets awkward. Using an ear piece works, but I broke mine last week... Is this 'muffled' issue common with this phone?

yup same thing here. The mic is the little hole on the bottom of the phone. i have an otter box so i get the muffled complaint more now with it on. But i have found i halfassed solution. i pinch the phone between my index finger and my fleshy part below my thumb, cup my hand and use it like a reflection chamber to channel my voice to the mic. it works ok but not as good as a headset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones