I lost the market apk! I need the market app!! Please Help.

Last Updated:

1. dynomite1371

dynomite1371 New Member This Topic's Starter

I've been rooted with Droid Mod forever and have never had any issues or never tried other roms it worked so I've stayed with it. Anyway I was screwing around trying to fix a problem and did a nandroid back up and and restore ( i'm clueless) Did not wipe info (that scares me) and I reflashed the rom a couple times because I kept selecting or deselecting the wrong things. Finally got everything perfect. The phone seemed to like the mini overhaul. But when I rebooted the market apk is gone. No where to be found. All my apps are there but no icon for market. Its just gone. Can I get that, download it desktop, mount, and drag to phone somewhere????. I.m a nob and lost. Any help would be nice. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. ilmar72

ilmar72 Well-Known Member

Market is a proprietory .apk . I think your SOL with this. Time to try a new ROM

3. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

what rom did you flash? was it a cyanogen rom? did you select google apps addon when installing?

4. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

Its probably good that you ****ed up. DroidMod is old and obsolete. You may not want to switch ROMs but when you do i know you'll be wondering why you hadn't changed earlier.

5. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

I happen to have the old DroidMod update.zip file stored on my PC hard drive. Here's the Vending.apk (which is the Market) from that ROM. I don't know for sure whether this will work, so please make a backup before you try this!

This file will need to be in /system/app. Do you know how to move it there?

Attached Files: