• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I may cancel ...but where would i go???

Backhaul.... is there a legit date anywhere??? its quite the mistake to stay with att if it doesnt come for 6 months. I need instant gratification....

Droid bionic is rumored for verizon soon...that caught my eye...looks exactly like the atrix except it has half of the ram at 512.

verizons speeds are waaaaaaay above everyone elses from what ive read. In my area ive tested att, tmobile and sprint. Att is unacceptable, tmobile is ok, and sprint passes my test...however faster speeds excite me :) I tether a lot.

thunderbold is tempting... it only lacks the dual core.... anyone have any idea how much that impacts the phones performance ?

Upvote 0
Backhaul.... is there a legit date anywhere??? its quite the mistake to stay with att if it doesnt come for 6 months. I need instant gratification....

Droid bionic is rumored for verizon soon...that caught my eye...looks exactly like the atrix except it has half of the ram at 512.

verizons speeds are waaaaaaay above everyone elses from what ive read. In my area ive tested att, tmobile and sprint. Att is unacceptable, tmobile is ok, and sprint passes my test...however faster speeds excite me :) I tether a lot.

thunderbold is tempting... it only lacks the dual core.... anyone have any idea how much that impacts the phones performance ?
I used to get better speeds on 3G on my iphone 4 than any Verizon or Tmobile phone. Now with my Atrix 4G, down speeds are good and I can't say that about my upload speeds.

Upvote 0
That's because At&t's 3G (not even their "4G") is typically somewhat faster than Verizon's 3G. However, VZW's LTE will most likely beat At&t's "4G."

Nonsense, I just recently saw a video with the Thunderbolt getting around 5Mbps down and 1.5Mbps up. Theoretical speeds are going to differ greatly from realistic speeds. My rooted Inspire running CM 7 is already seeing those exact same speeds on 3G with HSUPA enabled. When HSPA+ is up & running with the backhaul, we will be seeing comparable real world speeds to Verizon's LTE.

What some of you don't really realize is that no matter how long it takes, if there's one company out of all of them that has the infrastructure to upgrade their network, its AT&T.

Upvote 0
Nonsense, I just recently saw a video with the Thunderbolt getting around 5Mbps down and 1.5Mbps up. Theoretical speeds are going to differ greatly from realistic speeds. My rooted Inspire running CM 7 is already seeing those exact same speeds on 3G with HSUPA enabled. When HSPA+ is up & running with the backhaul, we will be seeing comparable real world speeds to Verizon's LTE.

What some of you don't really realize is that no matter how long it takes, if there's one company out of all of them that has the infrastructure to upgrade their network, its AT&T.

Man, I gotta learn more about this root stuff cause that's great results. My Inspire ended up getting taken back cause the download speeds sucked so bad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones