I need help! just rooted but i have android 2.0 not 2.01 lock screen!

Last Updated:

1. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How do I get the 2.0.1 lock screen back?! I hate this 2.0 lock screen! I want the new one! I'm running scholes mod. Rooted, everything went awesome! but this! Any idea?!

Advertisement
  2. andrew53517

I think ill just unroot and reroot, then reload the rom. That should fix it I think. Thanks.

3. shademar

shademar Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the 2.0 lockscreen is part of the sholes rom. Bugless has a modified lockscreen as well. I image there's a way to revert it alone, but reinstalling the same rom won't do it. (Also, no need to unroot to switch between rom, ect.)

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

LOL ... No offense, but that's hilarious. When the update from 2.0 to 2.0.1 happened, all we heard was moaning and complaining about how the 2.0.1 unlock screen SUCKED! :mad:

If my guess is correct ... when you updated, there was an option which lock screen to use. You selected 2.0. You need to rerun the app and this time, pay more attention to the option you are or are not choosing.

5. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

This Sholes "push to root" is going to lead to a LOT of problems.

Remember I said this in the original thread...

6. Jerm13

Jerm13 Well-Known Member

This is correct.

7. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

lol I liked that lock screen!

8. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

BaH! I happen to love the infinite loop it has me in right now (within the SPR console). This is sooooo much easier than the old skool method of actually knowing what you're doing. :D :D :D

Lord have mercy! :(

9. SoCalMiles

SoCalMiles Well-Known Member

Yeah WAY TO MANY NOOBS who aren't going to learn what they're doing. I had to brick a phone before I realized I better slow down and READ and LEARN!!! That was before the auto-root programs. They need to change the disclaimer and people should send all the noobs to them for support...lol.

Now to answer the OP:
    -Turn phone off.
    -Turn phone on holding X button to launch recovery.....(which I hope you know what it is cause if you don't at least know that you shouldn't have rooted)
    -In the recovery screen scroll down to "install"
    -select "Install rom from SD"
    -Choose sholesmod 2.0
    -DO NOT SELECT 2.0 LOCK SCREEN! I also wouldn't select JIT...causes to many force closes....YOU DO NOT NEED TO UN-ROOT like one of the first post says...BAD DIRECTIONS!!!

DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!!

10. fam

fam Well-Known Member

The 2.0 lock screen on sholes is SUPER fast to unlock and theres no vibration so its amazing...im leaving that one as is. I noticed it to..but now I like it better.

11. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Now im actually jealous of a sholes feature heh

12. andrew53517

Yeah I read plenty before rooting, trust me! Plus I did plenty of hacking with my G1 loading Cyanogen rom's and other ones on XDA, even using blur once on my G1! But this one seemed slightly different, I just hate the whole "process" of getting the recovery image and crap like that. But I think I figured it out! Thanks again guys!

13. SoCalMiles

SoCalMiles Well-Known Member

If that's so then I apologies. Just the constant flow of I've rooted, now what...in these forums takes away from the people like me who have spent hours and days researching and learning get slowed down by the OCEAN of noob question threads that we have to fish through to get to the good stuff we're actually interested in. ;)

14. andrew53517

No it is totally fine, I don't mind it at all. I know there are 20394829048239048 forums so I tried to find everything. Like I'm going to overclock and I wanted to know what you guys have, but I found a forum already. I'm a noob but I know to look before asking.. just sorta freak out sometimes when I can't find it or never heard of what happened ;)