• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help i need help or tips on my lg esteem battery

alvin408

Lurker
Nov 12, 2012
okay well ihave a lg esteem, and well my battery life is horrible. i mean i know that the battery life on this phone is not so good, nut now my phone dies really quick. i have it on the gingersteem extreme ii rom . so yeah can soomebody help me out , or give me tips.:thinking:

Lte and the display are the top battery consumers. The longer lte is on, the more horrible your battery life will be. That's a downside to metros "amazing" lte network. I suggest a battery saving app that cuts the radio off when the screen is off. No need in having it on if your not using the phone right? Try juice defender.

Next. Keep your screen brightness to no more than 40%.

If your using Facebook, get rid of that ram hogging disaster of an app and use friendcaster. 10x better than Facebook's html garbage.

Live wallpapers and widgets are also going to consume battery. Ask yourself if you need them.

Get on eBay and buy you a 1700 or 1800 mah battery. That's the biggest you can run while keeping the stock cover.

And the biggest of all, switch to the #2 Rom.

Hope this all helps.

Upvote 0
Lte and the display are the top battery consumers. The longer lte is on, the more horrible your battery life will be. That's a downside to metros "amazing" lte network. I suggest a battery saving app that cuts the radio off when the screen is off. No need in having it on if your not using the phone right? Try juice defender.

Next. Keep your screen brightness to no more than 40%.

If your using Facebook, get rid of that ram hogging disaster of an app and use friendcaster. 10x better than Facebook's html garbage.

Live wallpapers and widgets are also going to consume battery. Ask yourself if you need them.

Get on eBay and buy you a 1700 or 1800 mah battery. That's the biggest you can run while keeping the stock cover.

And the biggest of all, switch to the #2 Rom.

Hope this all helps.

if I turn off the radio I wont get notifications on games or email or anything like that right? 2 - Facebook app hoggs ram? I didnt know that. so I should do friendcaster?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones