• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I NEED HELP WITH MY LG G2!!! Fastboot mode started

The files in that thread are for Korean variants and assume Autorec wasn't used as it downgrades aboot and flashes a patched kernel. So best bet is to obtain the vs980 aboot, boot and laf files and fastboot flash those to restore download mode. Then from there, restore to stock using a kdz or tot. You can get the partitions here:

Reactions: Skynet11
Upvote 0
How do u fastboot flash these files?

The Android SDK has a function that allows one to interface devices with adb/fastboot via command line or terminal. Since you evidently don't have that, you can instead use our forum's Mini SDK which is a small package that gives you the same adb/fastboot tools without all the development stuff that comes with the full SDK:

ADB Guide (updated 2014/11/11)

You'll need adb interface drivers if you are running Windows. You might possibly have these on your machine so best to see if it works first, if not, give this driver a shot:

http://www.koushikdutta.com/post/universal-adb-driver

Plug your phone into the PC while it's showing fastboot mode. Assuming you unzipped the mini-sdk (download is actually called sdk-tools) to the root of your PC's "C" drive, then you would open the command prompt and navigate to that directory before issuing commands. So you'd type this in command prompt:

cd c:\sdk-tools

Once there, enter the command fastboot devices. You should see the word fastboot show up as the output. If you get that, just to verify that it's 100% working, enter the command fastboot reboot. If the phone reboots, you are ready to fastboot flash the partitions. Gonna stop there and make sure you get to that point before proceeding. Windows can bring about many difficulties in getting the above to work as it relates to drivers. If need be, we'll try another driver.

Upvote 0
The Android SDK has a function that allows one to interface devices with adb/fastboot via command line or terminal. Since you evidently don't have that, you can instead use our forum's Mini SDK which is a small package that gives you the same adb/fastboot tools without all the development stuff that comes with the full SDK:

ADB Guide (updated 2014/11/11)

You'll need adb interface drivers if you are running Windows. You might possibly have these on your machine so best to see if it works first, if not, give this driver a shot:

http://www.koushikdutta.com/post/universal-adb-driver

Plug your phone into the PC while it's showing fastboot mode. Assuming you unzipped the mini-sdk (download is actually called sdk-tools) to the root of your PC's "C" drive, then you would open the command prompt and navigate to that directory before issuing commands. So you'd type this in command prompt:

Once there, enter the command fastboot devices. You should see the word fastboot show up as the output. If you get that, just to verify that it's 100% working, enter the command fastboot reboot. If the phone reboots, you are ready to fastboot flash the partitions. Gonna stop there and make sure you get to that point before proceeding. Windows can bring about many difficulties in getting the above to work as it relates to drivers. If need be, we'll try another driver.
My computer detected the devices and enter those code in cmd

Upvote 0
My computer detected the devices and enter those code in cmd

Ok so as was mentioned earlier, I too am a fan of removing any numbers, dashes etc in the filenames of the aboot, boot and laf files so you end up with files simply named aboot.img, boot.img, and laf.img. You then move those 3 files into the sdk-tools folder on your C drive.

Next plug the phone into the pc while it's showing fastboot mode.

Now open command prompt and navigate to the sdk-tools folder, then flash the 3 files. So the commands then are these:

fastboot flash aboot aboot.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash laf laf.img

Once done with the above commands, unplug the phone and then hold down the power button for no less than 15 seconds to fully power off the phone. Once it's off release the power button. Then press and HOLD volume up while at the same time plugging the phone into the usb cable. This should bring up download mode.

Once in download mode, you can then follow the instructs in the link below to flash stock and restore the phone:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

If you use the kdz method, choose the "CSE Flash" option in the kdz tool.

Upvote 0
Ok so as was mentioned earlier, I too am a fan of removing any numbers, dashes etc in the filenames of the aboot, boot and laf files so you end up with files simply named aboot.img, boot.img, and laf.img. You then move those 3 files into the sdk-tools folder on your C drive.

Next plug the phone into the pc while it's showing fastboot mode.

Now open command prompt and navigate to the sdk-tools folder, then flash the 3 files. So the commands then are these:

Once done with the above commands, unplug the phone and then hold down the power button for no less than 15 seconds to fully power off the phone. Once it's off release the power button. Then press and HOLD volume up while at the same time plugging the phone into the usb cable. This should bring up download mode.

Once in download mode, you can then follow the instructs in the link below to flash stock and restore the phone:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2432476

If you use the kdz method, choose the "CSE Flash" option in the kdz tool.
When I typed in these commands:

it showed:
error: cannot load 'aboot.img'
I dont know what is going on:thinking:

Upvote 0
When I typed in these commands:

it showed:
error: cannot load 'aboot.img'
I dont know what is going on:thinking:

Check your file sizes with the ones listed on the download page and make sure they match. Also, you did move the 3 files into the sdk-tools folder right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones