I put a Antena Booster in my Samsung Galaxy Precedent but...Support

1. clownchick

clownchick New Member

There is a sticker with the phones info covering the orignal antena, so I put the antena booster as far as I could off of the sticker, but some of the booster is on the sticker too. I was wondering if I could take off the info sticker and put it up? So I could get a better signal. It's a straight talk phone. Can I remove the sticker without hurting my phone ? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Well-Known Member

You basically remove its soul!
    You void warranty too.
    And it just wouldn't be much worth.
    The boost will be only one or two bars.
    So I wouldn't recommend it.
  3. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

You want to void the phone's warranty to "install" a completely useless (except to the people who sell them) little piece of plastic. Turn that "antenna booster" into a piece of artwork and next time ask before you waste your money on a 2 cent fraud. (Yes, that's what they cost the people who sell them - they're for sale for $20/1,000 on eBay all the time.)

If they worked, the phone manufacturers would put them in all their phones - and charge you $1 extra (or a lot more) for what basically would be free during the manufacturing process.

(The actual theory behind those things isn't taught in an EE course, it's taught in an MBA course - "there's one born every minute".)
  4. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Well-Known Member

+1
  5. Corelulos

Corelulos New Member

+1 :D
  6. rosser725

rosser725 Active Member

It's so not worth it.... It's not enough improvement to take that sticker off. The phone just feels weird without the sticker lol