• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I REALLy Like my Eris BUT>>>>

Hmmm...a razr2 having a better signal then a 2009 phone that recently came out is bizarre.

But like someone said before...it may the phone itself and not exactly the network.

I've noticed out of the 12 phones I've had from verizon, my blackberry storm...as shitty as it was actually had the best signal...i had a blackberry storm back in August of 2009 and I got my extended network shortly after thanksgiving.....

I've read somewhere that people who have 2 different phones on the same network aren't showing the same signal...

My droid gets a better reception in my classrooms then my eris...idk why though

But the extended network helps a lot...I was soo miserable without it..haha

Right same with my wife's RAZR.. better reception side my side to my eris.. and even the RAZR I had before the RAZR2.. I could be in my baement on the phone with no issues.. now i cannot with this Eris.

As for it being the Phone, that is what the tech told me, it is not a network issue. now is it my phone only? maybe, but I did not want to chance getting another and having the same issue.

I am sort of excited to get the Motorola phone, even though I am not keen on the slider, or some of the things i will miss from the Eris, it still is a good phone too

Upvote 0
Right same with my wife's RAZR.. better reception side my side to my eris.. and even the RAZR I had before the RAZR2.. I could be in my baement on the phone with no issues.. now i cannot with this Eris.

As for it being the Phone, that is what the tech told me, it is not a network issue. now is it my phone only? maybe, but I did not want to chance getting another and having the same issue.

I am sort of excited to get the Motorola phone, even though I am not keen on the slider, or some of the things i will miss from the Eris, it still is a good phone too

Hmmm i too consider switching back to my droid...
It is a good phone

My Cons:
are the shitty camera
the slider/keyboard...ehhh it will grow on you
and it's heavy and bulky and ugly
and it's home screen UI is rather bland and boring
My pros:
Speed...little to no lags
and gps with turn by turn

I love the eris because of it's look and feel which is why i am doing my best to deal with it's shortcomings till the new update

Upvote 0
Hmmm i too consider switching back to my droid...
It is a good phone
Glad I am going to another good phone..

My Cons:
are the shitty camera
the slider/keyboard...ehhh it will grow on you
and it's heavy and bulky and ugly
and it's home screen UI is rather bland and boring
Yeah I don't think I NEED the keyboard, we will see.. As for Camera I have a DSLR, so no real use for the camera except for bar code scanning :)

As for the Home Screen I can always Root is and install Bugless Beast

My pros:
Speed...little to no lags
and gps with turn by turn

I love the eris because of it's look and feel which is why i am doing my best to deal with it's shortcomings till the new update

Looking forward to the Turn by turn and speed. I just ordered the Multimedia Dock, Car kit and Car Charger for like $30 from Verizon

That is one thing I wished they had for the Eris was nice car kit..

Upvote 0
Well I actually had dropped calls on the Eris, jsut sitting in a chair not really moving.

The Tech I spoke to tonight said it looks like a Phone issue and was allowing me to swap outside of the 30day window to something else if I wanted. I was having a tough decision on keeping the Eris at the end of my 30, but decided now that I will switch

Does your husband like his Droid?

I'm having the exact same issue with dropped calls and was told "absolutely no way I would be able to swap to something else"

Upvote 0

Yeah I don't think I NEED the keyboard, we will see.. As for Camera I have a DSLR, so no real use for the camera except for bar code scanning :)

Looking forward to the Turn by turn and speed. I just ordered the Multimedia Dock, Car kit and Car Charger for like $30 from Verizon

They let you switch to a Droid for free?

Upvote 0
I'm having the exact same issue with dropped calls and was told "absolutely no way I would be able to swap to something else"

when did you get your Eris.. Call back and talk to another rep., the 2nd level Tech I was transferred to did the swap for me.. but she also saw I had issues with 5 different towers

I was just over 2 weeks out form my 30day.. she even saw the issues started AFTER my 30 days were up..

Good Luck

Upvote 0
ewww don't want a refurb even if its a droid. I am just over a month out of my 30 days. I don't get to talk to the same reps as you because my wife is an employee and I have to go thru emp. accounts. I would gladly pay the extra $ tho!

I bought my Droid Eris is December so I am also over 30 days. I wouldn't mind a refurb Droid. :D

Upvote 0
ewww don't want a refurb even if its a droid.

Why?

Must be me.. When I had one day left in my 1 year warranty on my RAZR2 I had an issue, they offered to send me a new phone, it was refurbished, but was Fine

When I bought my Macbook Pro in 2007 it was refurbished. I am typing on it now, no issues.. I have bought a bunch of refurbished components in the past. my only concern is if there is a scratch or something on the screen. but I will look it over.

Just because it is refurbished does not mean it had an issue, if someone returned it after 25 days due to no liking it.. they would sell it as refurbished..

Upvote 0
I know all about the refurbishing process.I know that refurb doesn't always mean that it had a problem, but it could. If I could go into a store and quickly get a replacement it would be different. But if I get a bad phone I have to wait for another replacement to be shipped. And thats not acceptable for me.

Ah Gotcha

Upvote 0

aww you quoted all i said..lol i feel special and significant haha
but i'm trying so hard to KEEP from going back to the droid just because i am trying to get use to typing on an all touchscreen phones but the lags and speed of the eris vs. the droid ...idk haha

so did you already get the droid or is it being mailed?

Upvote 0
If the Droid had physical call/end buttons and it could be purchased without a keyboard, I would have one. Also, the damn power button is hard to press to wake up the phone.

Otherwise, it's functionality is great.

Hard to press? from what I recall it was not on the store display..
just a bit awkward from the Eris.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones