• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I rooted excite at7b8

theisonews

Android Enthusiast
Jan 24, 2012
miami florida
I bought this tablet yesterday. Apparently there was no root. But I found a root method. Tommorow I will tell u how I did it. Screenshot_2014-03-10-02-17-42.jpg

I confirm that my excite 7 is rooted, rootchecker confirmed

ok, first thing is to get the usb drivers installed. im on windows 8.1 and the drivers from the toshiba website. could not install. also i disabled driver signature verification. i tried several drivers. im not really sure at this point which drivers pleased windows 8. However the last thing i did was installed drivers and i chose install from list of devices and i chose asus eepad. Screenshot_2014-03-10-02-17-42.jpg when i have usb debugging on. the computer does not see the internal storage of the excite. also i installed on the computer the android sdk.

i will update more soon.

this is the rooting tool i used . Kingo Android Root, the most reliable free Android rooting tool

Attachments

• toshiba device manager.jpg
    toshiba device manager.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 117

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones