• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i see advertise about application in top of my android phone at left hand

mfaridi

Lurker
Aug 28, 2011
I use android 4.3 and my device is root and I have AVG and adblock plus . but after Friday , when I connect to network with wireless , I see new icon in left corner at top of my phone , and I see new notification about new softwares like antivirus and cleaning application . sometimes I see two or three icon and I can not remove these advertise or notification , when I click one of them my browser open and my browser start download some apk files , but I do not install them .
For examples I see notifications about how much email I have and I see one or two or three icon about application .
Is my phone hacked or my system has virus or malware ,?
How I can do let my browser do not download files bad files automitacally ?
Which app can scan my phone and show my I have rootkit or bad app ?

I can make two suggestions:

1) When the notification appears, long-press on it and tap the App Info button that appears. That *should* let you identify what application is generating the ads, and you can either uninstall it or untick the Show Notifications option.

2) If that doesn't work, try using the AirPush Detector application, which should also be able to identify the offending application.

Let us know how you get on :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones