• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I think I killed my phone.

HyperM3

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2009
Well, it all started with me trying to transfer things over from my N1 to the Atrix.

I was using the same SD card swapping back and forth. I had some issues with trying to download apps to the Atrix that I had before on the N1. The phone wouldnt recognize that the apps were transfered to the SD card previously so I just redownloaded them. I soon had way to much crap on the SD card and couldnt figure out what what for what app and if that app was even on the phone anymore. I then created a new folder on my desktop, for backup, and put all the crap from the SD card in there and then reformatted it.

So, I tried to unroot my phone and I thought it worked. When I did a factory reset, I saw that all the internal storage was all the same with tons of crap files and ring tones and even my font was new font I had before. Soooo, I did an internal storage reformat.

Now, I cant get SuperOneClick to find my phone to root it again. It just keeps going to Waiting for device and then (Not Responding). WTF??? Also, yet again, the appmarket didnt recognize me so Im going to have to redownload every friggin app individually.

Now I dont know what to do. I cant root my phone anymore so the phone isnt being recognized by the computer.

Ok, finally got SuperOneClick recognizing my phone. However, when I run the "shell root" to test it, I get a pop up saying "Device has a temporary ADB root! Reboot your device to remove it".

Ive rebooted twice and still get this same pop up error, what does it mean?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones