I tricked the phone into playing my music in 5.1 surround digital soundTips

Last Updated:

1. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

All you have to do is use a file manager like astro. What you do in the file manager is search for your song, which ever one you wish to listen to. Once you find it, long press on it, then select open as, then select video, then select video player and that's it. Once in the player, you are able to listen to your song and press the "5.1" button and it does work. I'm still not sure if it sounds better with it on or off but neat to try.

Advertisement
  2. pablo.station

pablo.station Well-Known Member

This should be posted in the tips and tricks forum..

3. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

Done...

4. done12many2

done12many2 Member

How do you get 5.1 sound out a 1 speaker?

5. mosler

mosler Active Member

still only 2 channel. unless you are taking the audio/video out hdmi. and we know that isn't happening on an epic.

sill a nice find.

6. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In order for it to work you must plug in the ear buds. I was amazed by how well it sounded when listening to a chapter of the bible with it turned on. The sounds were coming from all over

7. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

Awesome! Some CD's/music DVD rips are in 5.1, so you may very well find a use for this sound setup. I'd be very interested to try this out...I'll have to remember it when I finally get my Epic! :)

8. chvckprice

chvckprice New Member

Sorry, but 5.1 audio is not possible on 2 channel output. You may be able to play "part" of it through those 2 channels, but you'll, basically, be missing 2 rear channels, 1 sub channel, and 1 center channel. It will definitely sound different, but not 5.1. You're still in stereo attempting to play a 6 channel audio source. Now, maybe if you could stream that digitally to something that can play 5.1 audio (streaming to XBox 360 through AllShare might be worth looking at, but I haven't gotten that far, yet).

zardoz likes this.