• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I Tunes to Samsung Galaxy S3

Yes, I created a folder called "Music" on my sd card...

Yep, that is correct. Create a folder on the sd card called "music" and transfer files.

However, apps like isyncr do all the hardwork for you like playlists, album artwork, playcount, the transfer of video and podcasts, sync mp3 files on your phone back into itunes, etc... This turns any Android phone into an iPod. This is not the same as simply moving music files into a folder. Just wanted to clarify the difference. If you don't care about any of that kind of stuff, then it is easier to just move files over to the phone.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I have also just come from a 4s to an S3. I am also using a Mac running Lion.
A few things I have found. iSyncr does not appear to work with the S3. I've seen a few other people report this on various forums and on reviews on the play store.
I cannot for the life of me to get Kies working on my Mac. It takes about 1-2 minutes to detect the phone, then when it does it will not sync anything to the phone. Just hangs forever.
Android File Transfer works fine.
Double twist also does not work when connecting through USB. However I have downloaded the airsync add on for this and that works. But that is also painfully slow at getting my music on to the device. Also been mentioned elsewhere and on reviews on play store.
If anyone can tell me why any of the above is happening that would be great. Thanks.
Please take it easy on the Android newb ;)

Upvote 0
Hi,
A few things I have found. iSyncr does not appear to work with the S3. I've seen a few other people report this on various forums and on reviews on the play store.
I cannot for the life of me to get Kies working on my Mac. It takes about 1-2 minutes to detect the phone, then when it does it will not sync anything to the phone. Just hangs forever.
Double twist also does not work when connecting through USB. However I have downloaded the airsync add on for this and that works. But that is also painfully slow at getting my music on to the device. Also been mentioned elsewhere and on reviews on play store.
If anyone can tell me why any of the above is happening that would be great. Thanks.
My guess is the apps aven't been updated for the new phone yet?

Upvote 0
Hi,

I had all of the same problems. i used Tune Sync as suggested by someone on this forum and it seems to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones