• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I want to clean up my lg 769 phone

You could root it and uninstall unnecessary apps,
Agreed. However, since the tone of the OP's question implies they might not have the experience to know what is "unnecessary," I would suggest a more conservative approach first.
  1. Start by going to Settings > Manage apps and disabling system apps (they are the only ones that will have a "Disable" button) that you think you don't want/need. This is not a permanent action, and can be undone if it turns out to affect something else. To further save room, you can uninstall updates first (if any) before Disabling. You can do this even without root.
  2. If rooted, make a full backup (i.e., not just app's data) of any app you are considering removing, and then delete it. The backup will provide a fallback in case something goes wrong. You can use Titanium Backup, Helium, or similar to perform the backup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones