• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Icons in text received from an iPhone

beattysgirl

Lurker
Jan 16, 2013
Hello! Today I got a text from my dad from his iPhone and he had included some emojis in his message. That's what Apple calls the pre-loaded icons/smilies you can add to a text message. I didn't used to see anything when he did that but since my phone updated last week (Galaxy SIII) I all of a sudden could see the pics today. They don't look like they would look on the iPhone but there they were: a smiley face, a thumbs up, an OK finger symbol and hands clapping.

How can I reproduce these images and use them in my text messages in the future? Is there a new icon pack I'm not aware of? HELP!!!! TIA

I sure do wish that was the answer. I attached a screen shot of what the pics look like. Nothing else on my Samsung Galaxy SIII looks like this and I can not find anywhere in my phone where I can just add these in.

555216_4542789482029_270771008_n.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones