• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hello, i've finally got the courage to flash the official u.s. Ics onto my tab. My question is that, if i do flash the U.S. Version onto my Canadian tab, will it affect anything. I'm mostly talking in regards to future updates (if samsung is so kind as to continue developing them for this unit.). Also, do i need to flash the cwr file onto my tab before hand? This link makes no mention of it
Upgrade the Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510 to Android 4.0.4 ICS build UELPL
I've already go the file for th os as well as odin on my computer. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hello, i've finally got the courage to flash the official u.s. Ics onto my tab. My question is that, if i do flash the U.S. Version onto my Canadian tab, will it affect anything. I'm mostly talking in regards to future updates (if samsung is so kind as to continue developing them for this unit.).
The only thing it will affect is the language choices - no French Canadian without adding the 'morelocales' language pack from Google Play store. There is a chance due to the injunction that there will be no more US updates while the UK version may get updated. But that's all very 'iffy' anyway.
Also, do i need to flash the cwr file onto my tab before hand? This link makes no mention of it
Upgrade the Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7510 to Android 4.0.4 ICS build UELPL
I've already go the file for th os as well as odin on my computer. Thanks in advance.
If you use Odin, then no you just flash the *.tar.MD5 file and that's it. The file contains the entire firmware.

Reactions: landovr and gordo84
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones