• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ICS on Evo 4G?

my question then is what about sense roms then? never found a reason for why sense roms have the gapps stuff included. why is sense different? is it because of htc?

I'm not really sure about those. I think it has to do with the fact that most 3rd party sense roms are built on a pre-existing sense rom base. But, that's just an assumption.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I'm not really sure about those. I think it has to do with the fact that most 3rd party sense roms are built on a pre-existing sense rom base. But, that's just an assumption.

I would have to agree. HTC Sense Meets the "Requirements" set out by Google. So If you build on it then you are using the "Licence" that was granted to the origin. I would think however that if Google really wanted to they could probably drop a bomb on the community and Have Gapps a "purchasable Item" by the end users.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I would have to agree. HTC Sense Meets the "Requirements" set out by Google. So If you build on it then you are using the "Licence" that was granted to the origin. I would think however that if Google really wanted to they could probably drop a bomb on the community and Have Gapps a "purchasable Item" by the end users.

shhhhhhhhsh lets keep that idea to yourself. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones