• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help If i buy the HTC wildfire can i access my home internet connection?

Charlzz93

Lurker
Oct 12, 2010
Hi, im thinking of buying the HTC wildfire and know it had wifi, however i am a little confused as to what this means. Will i be able to use my current bt internet connection at home, and access the internet for free this way?(well of course its not free, i mean through the paid internet connection :)

Or does it mean that i can access the internet through the network only.

Thans in advance :)

Android phones are typically sold with data plans. This allows you to get access to the Internet across your cellular carriers network. Many of these phones also have WiFi. This means that you can connect to a local WiFi network and access the Internet via WiFi. This reduces your demand on the carriers data network and reduces any data charges (if applicable).

Some people have even figured out how to tether their other wireless network devices to their phone (when in range) to allow them to use the phones Internet access rather than a home internet connection. This can be problematic on some carrier networks as the carrier limits the amount of tethered data allowed across the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones