If i buy the HTC wildfire can i access my home internet connection?Support

Last Updated:

1. Charlzz93

Charlzz93 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, im thinking of buying the HTC wildfire and know it had wifi, however i am a little confused as to what this means. Will i be able to use my current bt internet connection at home, and access the internet for free this way?(well of course its not free, i mean through the paid internet connection :)

Or does it mean that i can access the internet through the network only.

Thans in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Android phones are typically sold with data plans. This allows you to get access to the Internet across your cellular carriers network. Many of these phones also have WiFi. This means that you can connect to a local WiFi network and access the Internet via WiFi. This reduces your demand on the carriers data network and reduces any data charges (if applicable).

Some people have even figured out how to tether their other wireless network devices to their phone (when in range) to allow them to use the phones Internet access rather than a home internet connection. This can be problematic on some carrier networks as the carrier limits the amount of tethered data allowed across the phone.

3. JamesT

JamesT Well-Known Member

The WiFi on the Wildfire means that you can set it up to connect to your HomeHub or any other wireless router. While it's in range it's using your broadband for all it's data and not the mobile network. This is generally faster than the mobile internet.

4. Charlzz93

Charlzz93 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for getting that straight guys, appreciate it.