• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help If i want to upgrade/ Metro PCS

S109616

Lurker
Sep 18, 2015
So I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Avant with Metro PCS and i want to buy the HTC Desire 626s . So would I have to pay the original price of $169 or the after mail-in rebate price of $79 ? Oh and is there any extra charges for moving all my stuff from the Avant to the Desire ?

So I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Avant with Metro PCS and i want to buy the HTC Desire 626s . So would I have to pay the original price of $169 or the after mail-in rebate price of $79 ? Oh and is there any extra charges for moving all my stuff from the Avant to the Desire ?
By moving you stuff from one phone to the other, what do you mean? I believe both phones have external microsd card capability. Any pictures you have on your current phone should be on the SD card. Any contacts you have should be sync'd with Google. All your apps are sync'd in the Play Store. Take the SD card out of your old phone and put it in the new phone. Once you sign into your Google account you contacts will sync to the new phone. Also your apps will start to download from the Play Store. There's nothing that the MetroPCS store should have to do for you, except activate the new phone. But, you can actually do that your self; buy it online from MetroPCS website, when you get it in a couple days you can either activate it on line on their website or you can call in and it'll be free. If you go into the store it'll cost since a person is doing it for you.

Sent from my XT1034 Moto G using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

If it's been more than 90 days since you first purchased the Avant, then you qualify for the 80 dollar discount price of the 626s. Just go to a Metro store and they'll sell to you for that price plus a 15 dollar activation fee. So your total will be around 100 bucks depending on your state's sales tax rate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones