If things go well I'll get an aria next month maybe

Last Updated:

1. Snow_Fox

Snow_Fox Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am really considering an aria.. the only problem is I have no upgrade.

Think 250$ would net me a good condition/like new aria?

Also.. swype keyboard is installable on this device right? I am willing to "hack" some if needed (not in the sense of write my own swype keyboard.. but, I am willing to work around constrictions in order to get one)

So far its my understanding this phone has one of the better mixes between speed/power as far as android phones go..

Also.. are there any good cases for this phone? I was looking into possibly getting an otter box (I really don't care for otter box but, hey.. its not an "ultra thin" smart phone.. so adding a little extra size doesn't completely destroy the point of getting 'the thinnest smartphone yet!"

Advertisement
  2. xti14

xti14 Active Member

1. $250 can certainty get you a used/new Aria...whether is be on ebay or craigslist.

2. Swype is not installed on the Aria unless you choose to do so afterwords.

3. You can look in the Aria forum section, there are several threads that talk about cases and screen protectors. There are actually a lot of good ones out there, im sure you can find one to your liking.

3. Snow_Fox

how hard would it be to install swype?

4. jmreed97

jmreed97 Well-Known Member

It's easy... you just need to download the sideload wonder machine from android central.

The problem is swype is in beta and not publicly available so you will have to search around for the apk which isn't that hard.

Otherwise, there is swiftkey or slideIT. Both great keyboards.

I would definitely recommend the Aria. It is the best phone on ATT right now since the Captivate has faulty GPS and the Sony X10 only has Android 1.6.

5. Snow_Fox

Definitely the best buy off of contract as well..

I feel pretty safe in thinking I'll be able to get a new/like new one for 250$ or less..

captivate or x10 I don't feel so confident saying..

Plus I'm worried about sony/samsung firmware..