If you could meet with Rogers in person, what would you ask?

Last Updated:

1. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just like the title says, if you had the opportunity to meet with Rogers' Android decision-makers in person, what would you ask them?

Advertisement
  2. Jay-Eff

Jay-Eff Well-Known Member

humm I would ask... "why so serious"

no kidding. lol I would probably aske them why they are only upgrading Lg Eve user from 1.5 to 1.6 and not all the way up to 2.0 or 2.1.

3. bunhead

bunhead Well-Known Member

I would ask :

• Why are you punishing the Android users? Is it because we stood up to you?

• Come on! What was the deal with the whole 911 thing? If you just fixed it when the issue was reported people would not have been screaming shenanigans

• Why can't you just charge a REASONABLE RATE for your services, my bill is ~$65 a month and I just have the minimum voice contract, unlimited txt messages (apparently unlimited means 1000) and unlimited data (unlimited data means 6 GB), this is less services than my friends iPhone and yet I pay the same as they do. They also have voicemail, caller ID and call waiting, I don't even have caller ID!

• Do you guys honestly think that someone can use only 500MB a month on their laptop? Your "rocket mobile Internet stick" product is an over priced frigging joke

• How does it feel to have had to change your slogan form "Canada's fastest, most reliable network" to "Canada's most reliable network" to "Canada's reliable network"?

• How come your call centre managers can't return a simple phone call?

• How come you charge $8 for calling line ID?

• How can you get away with charging me $50 for my home internet service that When I signed up for home Internet service it was "unlimited" (truly unlimited, all you can drink unlimited), a few years ago I was "upgraded" :confused::confused::confused: so that unlimited now means 60GB? How is that an upgrade?

• Are you going to upgrade my "unlimited" cellphone data plan in a similar way?

• Can you explain to me how a dualopoly is better than a monopoly?

• How do you and bell get away with charging rates that are the highest in the world and claim it is fair pricing?

• How can unlimited data on my cellphone data plan mean 6 GB and on my home Internet service then unlimited means 60GB:confused::confused:

• You are able to change the contract without notice, can I?

• I heard that actual beds of money are really hard and uncomfortable to cleep on, is this true?

• How come you don't support tethering? Is it because people may actually try to do it and see how much of a joke your network really is?

I would love to say [/rant] but I know that is not true. Mind you I guess I could say it if I just put a tag line in SUPER fine print at the bottom of this post that says I can change my opinion at any given time without notice.

4. KyleB

KyleB Well-Known Member

Agree with Bunhead on rate for service.

But also, still want to know why my Bluetooth speaker device does not work with my HTC Magic and will this be fixed in the next upgrade to version 2.1. Have not been able to get an answer on this from HTC or Rogers.

5. rescue-nil

rescue-nil New Member

6. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

I'm with bunhead on most of his questions, though the tethering point was mooted on Tuesday (for now at least).

I'd also ask:

• Can you please confirm that you will never pull an "AT&T" and lockdown Android to only software from the Android Marketplace, or otherwise impose artificial limits on Android's capabilities?
    • Can you please give a timeline for rollout of upgraded service (WiMAX/LTE)?
    • Why won't you announce a release date for the Xperia X10? You apparently have training booked, and the phone is shipping on other international carriers. Saying "coming soon" for 3 months is a bit much.

7. Brendanmurphy

Brendanmurphy Well-Known Member

Roger is going LTE not Wimax. LTE is also backwards compatible with hsdpa and edge so it only makes sense.

8. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

Ya. Seem to remember reading that somewhere, but a timeline would still be nice.

One more:

• When do you plan to get with the rest of the world and drop your primary contract terms to 2 years?