• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If you love games on phone, avoid android.

Damn, I love my Evo, but I must say, if you love gaming just like me, you must avoid it. Lucky me, I have an iPad. So I get every Gameloft, badass game and EA as well, and many others. It's embarrassing to show off paper toss game to a friend who's running Splinter Cell Conviction, on there iPhone, LOL! that's funny.
But hey I'm still enjoying the best of both worlds.

Yeah, gaming right now is a little lacking, but google has only fairly recently really started pushing gaming for android. I'm betting within a year android will catch up to the iphone market in terms of games (while that seems like a long time, you have to consider that the iphone has a few years on adroind in terms of age).

Upvote 0
Awesome?

If games are your thing might I suggest a PS3, Xbox or even a wii rather than trying to play them on a cellphone sized screen.

I'll be echoing the quote above. If you're a gamer, you wouldn't be happy with any mobile device.

Sent using my HTC Evo 4G.

Ditto. Or even PC gaming for that matter. Plus id rather not kill my battery playing stupid games on my phone.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.

Upvote 0
I have most of the gameloft games on my Evo and they work fine with no problems. I also have a $300.00 ps3 that I use when I really want to play a game on a 60" screen. This is a phone not a toy. Games are nice in a pinch but not a substitute for a real gaming system. For some reason everyone things the iphone and ipad are the new gaming platforms but I will be the first to say they are not even close. Im gonna go play Battlefield bad company 2 now lol.

Reactions: nikkihp79
Upvote 0
Gaming on the Iphone sucks and so does gaming on the EVO. I've played Splinter Cell, Fifa 2010, ect on the Iphone and the games are just ugly looking and don't work with a touch screen. I played a few games on the EVO also just to test it out and they are just as bad. Get a PSP for mobile gaming..the games are good, have good graphics, and you can use real controls. The only games that I liked on both the Iphone and EVO was UNO and Backbreaker.

Upvote 0
LMAO

your excuses are horrible, all of you are basically saying "I don't really use my mobile device for gaming, and I don't need good games on my phone"

BS!

The iPhone kicks the shit out of android right now when it comes to gaming, And I would bet any money that if you could have all of the games on the iPhone ported and available for android you would all be downloading a bunch of games right away.

I don't know why some people make excuses instead of saying yes it currently sucks now, but we will get more games.

The whole point of these revolutionary phones is to reduce the amount of systems we need to carry around.

For example Camera, video camera, email client, web browser, mp3 player, portable video player,

And gaming on the iPhone is slowly defeating the PSP, and Nintendo DS, so believe me Gaming is a big feature on a phone now a days.

Upvote 0
LMAO

your excuses are horrible, all of you are basically saying "I don't really use my mobile device for gaming, and I don't need good games on my phone"

BS!

The iPhone kicks the shit out of android right now when it comes to gaming, And I would bet any money that if you could have all of the games on the iPhone ported and available for android you would all be downloading a bunch of games right away.

I don't know why some people make excuses instead of saying yes it currently sucks now, but we will get more games.

The whole point of these revolutionary phones is to reduce the amount of systems we need to carry around.

For example Camera, video camera, email client, web browser, mp3 player, portable video player,

And gaming on the iPhone is slowly defeating the PSP, and Nintendo DS, so believe me Gaming is a big feature on a phone now a days.

lol at Iphone slowly defeating Nintdendo DS or even PSP...keep dreaming.

Upvote 0
LMAO

BS!

Sigh... you are right... I game on my cellphone when I'm using the toilet.

Likewise I use the email when I am away from a computer. I use the mp3 player when I'm away from the stereo system.

Why not pay the $15+ dollars to watch a movie on the Evo instead of watching it at the theatre... I mean it is the same, right?!? :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones