If you need help rooting the Droid Razr read this thread!!

1. jae480

jae480 Active Member

Advertisement
  2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

added this thread to the all things root category. keep up the good work
    jae480 likes this.
  3. dkghos

dkghos Member

I dont want to void my warranty....will i be able to unroot it later if i need to???
  4. jae480

jae480 Active Member

yes you are able to unroot your phone :) (I'll make a video on that when I get the chance)
    or what you can do is fastboot your phone back to Android 2.3.5 and its as if you just took the phone out of the box
  5. gb4fan

gb4fan Well-Known Member

How about a video to root Android 2.3.6?
  6. HTTR

HTTR Well-Known Member

After root, do I need to reinstall google play and get my apps or us that only if I flash a ROM?

I am running 2.3.6, will this work?

I just want to root, run stock and freeze bloat with tibu.

Also, when ics is released will I need to unroot to get the ota??

Thanks
  7. kazca

kazca Active Member

Just bought a Droid Razr but am confused. How do I root the phone? [in laymans terms please]. I am also seeing something about an official Ics 4.0 ota update, can someone guide me a bit here. thanks!
  8. McLovlein13

McLovlein13 Well-Known Member

HTTR: rooting only gives you special permissions you dont usually have. you wont have to reinstall anything. Some ROMs dont have google apps like play store so if you flashed that then you'd need to download play store. Just root and install TiB. im pretty sure you have to unroot to install OTA's... but unrooting is extremely easy with fastboot, ive had to do it twice and it hasnt been a problem

kazca: that video is very easy to follow. and the Razr will recieve ics, im not sure when but someone probably knows the release date so google it up.
  9. kazca

kazca Active Member

Ive checked the official ROM list and cant find any rom named TiB for 2.3.6.
  10. McLovlein13

McLovlein13 Well-Known Member

sorry, TiB is an abbreviation for Titanium Backup. its an app that backs up apps and their data to your external storage so they arent lost when flashing new roms. look for it in the market, er play store...