• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I'm a phone dork - can't delete, please help!

pattikpup

Lurker
Mar 22, 2013
Ok, I have been reading threads to try anything that will work. It says I need to delete some files, but where do I find the place to delete them? I have deleted 98% of text threads, I don't know where to go to delete files, or even how to FIND the files (is there a "search" feature?). Sorry Im so clueless!

Hi Pattykpup and welcome to Android Forums!

I'm not sure what you're attempting, but one word of advice about deleting system files:

Always, Always, ALWAYS! Make a nandroid backup before deleting anything. This is accomplished in Recovery. Cannot count the number of posts from members who deleted system files and then found that their phones would not boot up properly. They did not make a nandroid backup, and had no way of restoring those files.

A nandroid backup takes a snapshot image of the entire phone's current state and saves it in a zip file on the SD card. If something goes wrong, you can easily wipe the phone and restore the nandroid backup... It will be like nothing ever happened.

Hope this helps :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones