• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IM+ for Android, a major update and discount!

I had used the free version earlier. But due to some probs. like UI, frequent disconnection etc. i stopped using it.... can i have any key ( free one if you can provide) for the pro version so that i can compare to other app. too.

Sorry, but we've run out of licenses for this time. Check back this thread, we're gonna make another givaway in Christmas. Meanwhile, maybe you'll try free 3.3 version and tell us about your experience?

Upvote 0
Thank you for the code and I will report my findings. I have used IM+ many times before, even been a beta tester, on the BB, Windows Mobile, iPhone and now Android. I also use your RDM+ and love it.

I will update on battery life for my EVO as I can but I don't think it will be good. Not an IM+ problem really but almost everything that stays active on the EVO drains the battery quickly.

I will try not to use my EVO for many other things during this test. I started IM+ with a full charge at 8:45am EST and using two providers (AOL and Yahoo) will see how it goes.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much Vit for the code. I really appreciate it.

Where would you like us to post our feedback and suggestions for future IM+ releases?

For example, IM+ seems to drain the battery more then the other IM client I use on my EVO. Battery drainage is a huge issue for everyone, so I would like to provide that feedback as well as future feedback.

Thank you again for the code,
Whiteice

You can post everything right in this thread, I'm working in close collaboration with our devs, so they will hear your wishes. I told them about battery drainage, and they're making optimizations and improvements.

Upvote 0
Also,

2 more questions if I amy:

1: I don't see anyplace within the IM+ client I am using currently to enter the code. What is the correct way of using IM+ with the code you provided?

2: With the code you gave us, does this entitle us to upgrades to newer version in the future as they are released? Is this a lifetime code?

Thank you,
Whiteice

Try this: open settings at contact list screen, choose 'More', and then 'Registration'. And sure, the code is a lifetime.

Upvote 0
Does IM+ auto reconnect? I just went to use it and all my services were signed off. I dont have the power saver mode checked.

Maybe in a future version when IM+ is in the top status bar instead of just saying "IM+ Pro is running", you could add something about if no accounts are signed on.

I kept seeing the "IM+ Pro is running" thinking that meant I was still signed in so I never checked further. Then when I did look all accounts were signed off.

Upvote 0
Try this: open settings at contact list screen, choose 'More', and then 'Registration'. And sure, the code is a lifetime.

Hi Vit,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, when I click on settings once I am signed in, I only have 3 options: "General" "Notifications" and "Advanced" None of these have any options within them for "More" or "Registration."

Version 3.3 downloaded from the Android Marketplace.

Whiteice

Upvote 0
Hi Vit,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, when I click on settings once I am signed in, I only have 3 options: "General" "Notifications" and "Advanced" None of these have any options within them for "More" or "Registration."

Version 3.3 downloaded from the Android Marketplace.

Whiteice

Sorry, my bad, go to 'More' instead of 'Settings' (I just called this whole pop-up menu 'settings').

Upvote 0
Sorry, my bad, go to 'More' instead of 'Settings' (I just called this whole pop-up menu 'settings').
I am also having the same issue aswhiteicedmstech with entering the code. There is no option call 'more' when I click on the menu.

On the free, I noticed that offline messages have the time stamp of when you logged in and NOT when the person sent you the message. This gets confusing in deciding if the person just message you or if it was an offline message. I find that the app lags a bit compare to IMO and MSN Messanger app.

Upvote 0
Been trying this for a few days and my initial impression is favorable. I have stayed connected much longer than with other IM clients. I have a few features I would like to see such as themes (I prefer dark backgrounds), change the notification sound for this app, and sorting of contacts by status (available, away, offline).

I thank you for letting me try this product and will report more thoughts later.

Upvote 0
Does IM+ auto reconnect? I just went to use it and all my services were signed off. I dont have the power saver mode checked.

Maybe in a future version when IM+ is in the top status bar instead of just saying "IM+ Pro is running", you could add something about if no accounts are signed on.

I kept seeing the "IM+ Pro is running" thinking that meant I was still signed in so I never checked further. Then when I did look all accounts were signed off.

IM+ has auto reconnect, but we have yet to improve it. I added "IM+ Pro is running" misconception to be fixed to wishes for future versions.

Any workaround or things to try for the contacts not showing up until a fix is out? I am pretty much at a standstill as none of my AIM or Yahoo contacts that are online show.

It seems odd, is it still an issue when you sign out and sign in back manually? Or they disappearing after some period of time?
You can additionally send a support request from About, and our support will try to look closer into it.

I am also having the same issue aswhiteicedmstech with entering the code. There is no option call 'more' when I click on the menu.

On the free, I noticed that offline messages have the time stamp of when you logged in and NOT when the person sent you the message. This gets confusing in deciding if the person just message you or if it was an offline message. I find that the app lags a bit compare to IMO and MSN Messanger app.

Could you please post here a pic with the menu? I'm sure the Pro-version downloaded from www.shapeservices.com should have this option, however the one downloaded from Android Market doesn't have it.

Wrong time stamp is confusing, I have informed the developers.

Been trying this for a few days and my initial impression is favorable. I have stayed connected much longer than with other IM clients. I have a few features I would like to see such as themes (I prefer dark backgrounds), change the notification sound for this app, and sorting of contacts by status (available, away, offline).

I thank you for letting me try this product and will report more thoughts later.

Added to wishlist. We're glad IM+ working fine on your device. Always welcome to share your further thoughts here.

Upvote 0
It seems odd, is it still an issue when you sign out and sign in back manually? Or they disappearing after some period of time?
You can additionally send a support request from About, and our support will try to look closer into it.

I will send the support request. What is happening is none of my contacts from either AIM or Yahoo show as being online. I sign in and out and even uninstalled and reinstalled.

The only way I can get anyone to show up as online is to try to send them an IM. Then they show as being online.

Upvote 0
Hey there guys,

As I promised, IM+/IM+ Pro 3.4 is out now!
And here is what it brings to us:

• Performance boost
  • UI and usability improvements
  • Optimization for Android tablets
  • Returned pop-up alerts about new messages
  • Active chats close up through long-press menu
  • Many bugfixes

Who's already got it, please feel free to update it, and who's not yet - you can grab the free IM+ or buy IM+ Pro version at our website

or you can also visit www.shapeservices.com or Android Market from your smartphone or tablet and download the app over-the-air.

Thanks guys, hope you will enjoy this version,
Vitaly
PR Manager,
SHAPE Services

Upvote 0
I have this problem with my msn client on my phone that it doesn't show the messages which were sent me while I was offline. Does this do that?
What about the file sending and receiving? I do little business on this and sometimes I need files to be sent and received via msn.
What about push notifications?
And how is it doing with special characters? Sometimes I can't see

Upvote 0
I have this problem with my msn client on my phone that it doesn't show the messages which were sent me while I was offline. Does this do that?
What about the file sending and receiving? I do little business on this and sometimes I need files to be sent and received via msn.
What about push notifications?
And how is it doing with special characters? Sometimes I can't see

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones