I'm I Love With The Droid X BUT BUT BUT

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tiredhiker, Aug 6, 2010.

1. tiredhiker

tiredhiker Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    The Droid X does NOT use a SIM Card. I am in Vietnam and this is a big problem ALSO there is a big problem with unlocking it. I saw the "Copy" of it at the Motorola Store In Saigon, Think its called the HC8. Same as Droid X but running Windows software. They want over $700 for it too. Hope they come out with another phone with a 4.3" screen that will accept a SIM Card and use Android system. That big screen makes the phone ! They also let me put the store sample in my pocket. Even though its big it felt better than my G1 as the G1 is thick. The X is thin,,, Great phone.

Advertisement
  2. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Resource Consumer
    San Diego
    Well, you're using the G1, which is on Tmobile, so in theory you could get the Vibrant, though I personally advocate against it simply because it's a samsung phone and they've been notorious with ruining their handsets. None the less, it's a 4 inch screen, and it takes a SIM card. It'd be your best bet.

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    They will probably make a GSM version of the Droid X sooner or later like they did with the original Droid.

You probably should forget about the Droid X since its a CDMA.

4. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2009
  5. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Central NY
    Probably not the X but Moto and HTC are making international phones soon so they'll have GSM capabilities as well as CDMA. Let me try to find the article.

EDIT: http://androinica.com/2010/08/07/le...e-for-verizon-wireless-gets-caught-on-camera/

That's the HTC one. I may have been mistaken on the Moto world phone... :(