• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm in my least favorite place

This is Tango and P_Kitty :

kids.jpg

All of these friends were after my last best friend. I caught her, she was living in a yard of an empty house and running the alley there. She did not know me and did not want to, I had to roll up the windows of the truck to keep her from jumping out. She was in terrible shape with her dew claws ingrown into her pads and over a dozen of the big gray ticks on her face.

I took her in and cleaned her up and after 15 years together I can honestly say she was the best dog I ever had. She got blind and deaf, when we walked she walked next to me bumping my leg to keep her bearings.

Finally had to make the decision to let her go over Rainbow Bridge after a massive seizure, that was 5 years ago, and I still miss her !

Honeydog

honeydog.jpg

Upvote 0
I still cannot believe that 2010, the best year me and Daisy had, was 13 years ago. Technology was just amazing at that time, as well, unlike today where it's all boring, homogenized, zero variety and dystopian. This laptop is from 2010, and all the modern laptops sold today just look like tablets with hardware keyboards attached. Boring. No features, and boring, flat UI design.

Daisy was old like me, too. I suppose we both could relate to each other.

Reactions: joe71
Upvote 0
Finally had to make the decision to let her go over Rainbow Bridge after a massive seizure, that was 5 years ago, and I still miss her !
That decision is always the worst. I'm ashamed to say that, in the past, I selfishly postponed that decision because I wanted more time with the cat/dog. I learned my lesson, though, some 30+ years ago, and haven't screwed up again since. I'm sure you struggled with the decision, but you knew it was the right thing to do. And, as many of us around here say, just knowing that once our baby is at Rainbow Bridge, and free of worldly issues like pain and illness, we can rest easy because they're at peace.

Upvote 0
@MoodyBlues is one of those rare souls to whom awful things happen, through no fault of their own. Like Job, who endured unimaginable loss and pain yet gained back double what was lost, I have faith that she is enduring all this for the benefit of countless souls to come... paving the way for medical treatments not yet developed; and that she will gain back far more than she has lost. I've been through a lot in my life and I just look at her with astonishment and humility. I have never met a stronger, more resilient lady.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
My girlfriend who lives 500 plus miles away deals with very weird medical issues too, but I seem to be doing fine without seeing a doctor or taking medicine for over 20 years, and was doing far worse when I was younger, having dealt with being forced to take ritalin, risperdal, and many other meds that all it ever did was make me like Ren in that Ren and Stimpy episode about the 'happy helmet' where I looked and seemed jovial but inside I was literally screaming. I learned later on after viewing hospitals pre-HIPAA that the entire medical industrial complex is fubar. I mean literally they make a huge amount of money off the sick, which to me is both unethical and unnecessary. I feel we should be trending towards more healing naturally, developing natural immunities and supporting the PCRM over the whole mainstream medicine model, which has become so corporate and pays quite a few yacht payments to be happy with it. They seem more interested in that payout for open heart surgery vs. telling the patient to go vegan and stop consuming trans fats and animal products. I often wonder, do doctors even want to cure illnesses or are they just more of the elite who need that payment or second mortage on their mansion? There is an entire HOA here where all the cardiologists and other high paid surgeons live and it's nothing but huge multi-level mansions like Hugh Hefner would be living in, some with three high end cars in the driveway with a Jay Leno style garage/museum and I ain't kidding ya.

That and no one in my immediate family has gone into a hospital and come out alive, and if they even did manage to make it out alive, they were in far worse shape than they went in. I'm still firm on that medievalisms such as chemotherapy should be outright banned.

doctors are on board with both Phillip Morris and the animal ag industry that I want no part in any 'advice' they plan to give. "got milk?" might as well be "3 out of 5 doctors smoke camels than any other cigarrette"

Upvote 0
I sent a PM to @MoodyBlues but no response. @olbriar did you ever hear from her?

@nickdalzell I'm not sure if med school graduates even take the Hippocratic Oath anymore. Western medical care is no longer about making the sick better... it's about managing symptoms. After all: a patient cured is a customer lost.

We could turn the entire industry around by doing one thing: getting insurance companies out of the health care business EXCEPT for catastrophic care. If we return to paying for treatment as we go, doctors would compete for our business (GASP!). Quality would skyrocket and costs would plummet. Of course, that means getting the lobbyists out of Washington DC and you're better off trying to remove cream from your coffee after you've stirred it in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
After losing our Jack Russell Terrorist mix Angel to pancreatitis a few years ago, we're staring in the face of pet mortality again. It's the most painful part of being a pet parent: knowing when it's time to say farewell and give our furry friends a bon voyage to Rainbow Bridge. Both our Shih Tzu money pits are pushing 14 years and while I'd like to think they still have plenty of life remaining, Lucy has three tumors growing on her liver. There's no evidence of spreading: without a biopsy, though, we don't know if they're benign or malignant. We only know they are causing her a LOT of discomfort while awaiting her appointment with the doggy oncologist November 7th. We can only keep her comfortable, with medication that's easy on the liver, until then. Hopefully if the doctor opens her up for the biopsy, all three can be removed.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
I miss @MoodyBlues too. November 15th we had to bid Lucy farewell. The liver tumors were just too much, and we wouldn't subject her to repeated surgeries at 14 years old. We took her blanket and favorite toy with us to the vet. She was surrounded by the three of us and comfortably slipped away to Rainbow Bridge. Isabella the adorable money pit is taking it particularly hard because she's deaf and had always taken cues from Lucy. Now she's isolated and despondent. The hardest part of being a pet parent is knowing when it's time to say farewell.
Lucy2.jpg
Lucy2012.jpg
Lucy 231113a.jpg

The silver lining in the cloud is that, since dog boarding costs half as much, we can board Izzy more often. She comes to life there: running, yapping and playing with all the doggies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry to hear that. We recently lost our favourite pet, a little bantam chicken who was the last survivor of our original flock. People who haven't kept them might think they are all the same, but they really are individuals. This was an almost 11 year old, cheeky, friendly, sweet-natured, endlessly curious little house invader, gentle with younger birds but able to assert her authority with just a look on the occasions it was needed. The only bird I've ever known who could turn around in the air so that she'd land on a perch facing back the way she'd come (which she'd do if you were standing back that way), who once stood next to me and watched for 10 minutes while I lay on my back assembling some garden furniture, focussing mainly on the spanner in my hand as if trying to work out what I was doing. Her curiosity about the strange things humans did was so great that I used to joke that I wasn't sure whether she'd been human in her previous life or was getting ready to be in her next. Going to carry on missing her for a long time I think.

Upvote 0
Moody is logging on, but not posting. Like everyone else, I hope she's OK: I'm sure she'd have let us know if she had got home, so I assume she's still stuck in hospital.
I am going to take @moody Blues loging on as a major win and something positive to think about. Moody you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones