• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm looking for a news feed.

Tried Google Currents until I realized that this thing was building up a pretty massive internal cache every time I used it. It's a real data pig.

I liked the idea, and decided to investigate further. Right now, I'm trying out Flipboard. It's a bit weird to get used to, but so far, I like it.

For a simple RSS reader, GRreader is a pretty decent one.

Upvote 0
For those of you who are following this thread... I am trying out a few news reader apps. I am really liking the BBC news app. It is very well designed , easy to use, and it holds the news locally so that it can be read offline. Very nice.
If you want to follew what's happening on the leading edge of science and technology, then check out the Technology Review app. It also allows offline news reading.
Huffington Post is a joke. Well, the app is good, But the news coverage is a joke.
Yahoo app doesn't format correctly.
CNN app only works online.
Latest app I'm trying out is News Republic. Jury is still out on that one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones