1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

I'm looking for a news feed.

1. greeder

greeder Member

Like the title says, I'm looking for a push news feed. I want a daily newspaper delivered to my tablet that I can then read offline.

Advertisement
  2. awriternot

awriternot Well-Known Member

Try Google reader or pulse. I love Pulse.
  3. adaaaam

adaaaam Well-Known Member

Pulse for sure. Add many sources, refresh once, and you get a lotta content
  4. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Taptu
    Pulse
    Google currents
    Flipboard
    Yahoo

Just to name a few.
  5. fightingirish

fightingirish Well-Known Member

Tried Google Currents until I realized that this thing was building up a pretty massive internal cache every time I used it. It's a real data pig.

I liked the idea, and decided to investigate further. Right now, I'm trying out Flipboard. It's a bit weird to get used to, but so far, I like it.

For a simple RSS reader, GRreader is a pretty decent one.
  6. greeder

greeder Member

For those of you who are following this thread... I am trying out a few news reader apps. I am really liking the BBC news app. It is very well designed , easy to use, and it holds the news locally so that it can be read offline. Very nice.
    If you want to follew what's happening on the leading edge of science and technology, then check out the Technology Review app. It also allows offline news reading.
    Huffington Post is a joke. Well, the app is good, But the news coverage is a joke.
    Yahoo app doesn't format correctly.
    CNN app only works online.
    Latest app I'm trying out is News Republic. Jury is still out on that one.