• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iMagnet car mount questions

RobF353

Nov 3, 2011
NYC
Hey, I'm looking for a new car mount for my Note 4. I haven't had luck with other mounts.

I came across this one:
Amazon.com: The Original iMagnet Cradle-less Universal Car Phone Windshield Dashboard Mount Holder for iPhone 5S/5/4S, Galaxy S5/S4/S3, Note 2/3, HTC One/8X/8S, LG Optimus/Nexus 4: Cell Phones & Accessories

I'm just worried about the phone contacting a magnet. Is that safe for the phone? I've heard stories about the GPS getting messed up with using magnetic mounts.

Has anyone had experience with this mount or any other magnetic mounts?

I've not had personal experience with the iMagnet mounts, but like you, have been researching various mounts for my N4. I read, on another android forum, a review on the iMagnet mount and the same question came up as it relates to the magnet interfering with GPS signals. There were a couple iMagnet users who commented that they never had a problem with their mounts or that they ever interfered with the GPS signals. I don't specifically recall what phones they were using, although I do recall that they weren't the same brand/model.

I've used an iBolt mount for my GS3 for the past two years and have been pretty happy with it. I'm considering going with their xProDock for my N4, but I'm still window shopping.

Upvote 0
I have had many car mounts, ones that mount on the dash, window and on the air vents. They all had there issues with vibration when driving and some of them even fell off when the dash or window when it got hot here in the Texas sun. I finally broke down and purchased the ProClip dash mount and the adjustable holder that works with a case. Now this was a lot more than I would have like to spend on a phone holder for the car but it was well worth it in the long run. Its very stable and when using the phone in the holder its rock solid. Check them out and see what they have for your vehicle. You can always get the custom dash mount and use some other phone dock/holder as long as it has the same mounting holes that line up with the bracket.

Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts*-*ProClip USA

ProClip adjustable holder

Use the code SAVETEN for a 10% discount.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones