• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I've been following a tutorial unfortunately this tutorial is 2 years old and (at timestamp 47:57) where the guy said to press Alt+Enter and import the TextView (called "tvTodoTitle" in this instance) just doesn't work on my version of Android Studio (details pasted below). When I Alt+Enter I just don't get the option "import" in the menu that drops down.

I can't not find out how to import the TextView object so that the code can use it. This also applies to the CheckBox object as well.

How do I import the TextView and the CheckBox that I created at the beginning of this tutorial?

Note: This is my first code in Android Studio after doing my Hello World, so I'm still a beginner in this IDE.

Android Studio Giraffe | 2022.3.1
Build #AI-223.8836.35.2231.10406996, built on June 29, 2023
Runtime version: 17.0.6+0-17.0.6b829.9-10027231 amd64
VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o.
Linux 6.2.0-31-generic
GC: G1 Young Generation, G1 Old Generation
Memory: 1280M
Cores: 12
Registry:
external.system.auto.import.disabled=true
ide.text.editor.with.preview.show.floating.toolbar=false
Current Desktop: ubuntu:GNOME

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones