• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To Import photos and use as wallpaper on Droid

Basically, you just mount your phone via USB and place the images on the sdcard. Ideally you would want to create a Media\Wallpaper folder or something to put them in to stay organized.

Once the images are on your phone, you unmount, long press on any open area of your screen and select set wallpaper (or hit Menu > Wallpaper). Then choose gallery and you should see whatever folders you dumped them into. It will scan the entire sdcard so their location really doesn't matter, it's more of an organization thing as I said.

You could also just text them to your phone, or send them to gmail and download directly through your phone without having to mount it.

Upvote 0
Please let me ask an associated question.

My bride bought a Droid-1. It let her access her many photo albums at various web sites - view them, scroll through them and EASILY import so she could, for example, pic one of her photos for her wallpaper.

She upgraded to Droid X - How does she import her pics to the X? Is it an Ap that was on the "one" but not on the "X"?
Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones