Import playlist to stock music playerSupport

Last Updated:

1. krisharmas

krisharmas New Member This Topic's Starter

I want to use the stock music player on the Captivate because it has music controls on the lockscreen. The problem is the stock music player on the Captivate doesn't recognize playlist (m3u) files.

DoubleTwist works well with playlists but it doesn't have lockscreen controls.

Kies doesn't sync playlists. You can make a playlist on Kies but when you try to sync to the phone it just copies the music files over without the playlists.

I either need a way to import playlists to the stock music player or find a music player that has lockscreen controls (preferably free).

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. randy_c

randy_c Well-Known Member

I have to pay for an app Isyncr 3.00 work with itune so I can use it with stock music player. Or you can edit playlist manually...

3. krisharmas

krisharmas New Member This Topic's Starter

I don't want to add 100+ songs to a playlist by checking them one by one on my phone. It would be easier if they were sorted into folders but the music player just displays a list of all the songs and asks you to select the ones you want to add.

There must be some way to add songs to a playlist without doing it one by one.

4. randy_c

randy_c Well-Known Member

Isyncr let you do that but require itune

5. Heartwire

Heartwire Member

You can sync playlists on the stock music player with Windows Media Player.
    It will automatically convert the playlists to XLA forumat as it transfers over

6. jzaruba

jzaruba Member

Tried, failed. I can see all tracks in proper order but when trying to play such playlist after each song the player jumps to 2nd track.

7. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

Winamp and PowerAmp both have lockscreen control and both are free (for now).