• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Importing notification sounds

Smoked

Nov 3, 2010
Hello.

I have an X10a from Rogers, rooted yesterday...Titanium backup, busy box, astro, and explorer installed. I applied some fonts yesterday so I know I have the root done right but i'm having trouble figuring out sounds.

I would like to take an mp3 i have and put it in my notifications for email/texts but when I try to copy it to \system\media\sound\notifications it says I cannot paste.

How can I do this? Do notifications have to be .ogg files?

Thanks!

No you can use mp3 but you might need to use an app like RootExplorer which lets you change permissions for read and write access.

I have all mine on the SD card but you need to set up your folders properly to find them when you want to change a tone. This is how mine are set up....

On the SD create a folder called media, in that create one called audio (create one also called picture and another in that called wallpaper) within that create another 4 called...

alarms
music
notifications
ringtones

...and put your tones in the appropriate folders, then when you use settings to change your tones they will then show up in the appropriate selection window.

Reactions: Smoked
Upvote 0
Hi X10i user :)

how about sharing your knowledge with the X10i???

Upgraded to 2.1 yesterday and LOVE it. All my notifications and ringtones etc work, however, I am unable to apply a custom alarm tone for my alarm clock. I have tried adding a folder in the above directory called alarms, but it doesnt appear.

Any ideas???

Thanks a million. Heres hoping??????

Lee

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones