• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Inc2 questions, rooting / apps / ads etc

I've had the INC2 about 2 months, aftering running a DX for a year. I'm using PagePlus instead of Verizon, so I do not get OTA stuff. And, I dont care anything about warranty, so any advice is appreciated with those thoughts in mind.

I love Sense, and dont want to change ROM's unless the new one keeps all the SENSE stuff and just removes Verizon crap. What I DONT like, are ads and the inability to use certain apps that require rooting.

So I'm guessing I need to root it... but here's the problem. I live in the woods so reception is very spotty as it is. I have certain areas of my house I have to be in for the phone to work well.

From what I've read. 2.3.4 was a radio improvement, so if I downgrade to 2.3.3 - will my reception get even worse?

At the end, all I want is to remove the ads, increase cell reception, and make the phone more usable while removing the verizon apps and other crap.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones