• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incorrect Gmail Username or password issue

untalented893

Dec 16, 2010
I can't imagine I'm the only person getting this, but I can't find information about his anywhere on the web. When I incorrectly put in my pattern 5 times I get locked out for 30 seconds. Then I select forgot pattern and put in my gmail username and password but it says it's incorrect. I know for a fact that it's correct, I login to my account everyday on my computer just fine. I've tried restoring my phone to the factory default settings and then my username and password will work for a day or two until it stops working again. When it's working it will say "checking..." for about 5 seconds then ask me to change my lock pattern. When it doesn't work it doesn't say "checking..." and it takes less than a second to say incorrect username or password. It's obviously not checking if it's correct, does anyone know what's going on?

Both Samsung's and Virgin Mobile's customer support have been useless.

My phone is the Samsung Intercept with Virgin Mobile USA

i have samsung galaxy 580........it had pattern lock n my small nephew was playing wit it n it got locked n asking for goggle account ...which i dnt have .......... bt i can receive calls .......... i love my ohone so much ......... CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS.... -PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ

Upvote 0
i just solbed this problem.
You can go to your gmail security setting, and get a temorary password for the app.

Give the name of the app..and in the second step you will see this from the system:

Note that this password grants complete access to your Google Account. For security reasons, it will not be displayed again:

and a password like "abcd efgh ihsd sggh"
and use this password for your smartphone app...instead of using the password u use on your computer...this is a one-time-thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones