• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Increase the Screen Brightness on Verizon Galaxy S3 - SCH-I535

qzmpal

Lurker
Oct 18, 2012
Hi,
I have the Verizon Galaxy SGS3.
Here is the screen shot to give more info.

I'm trying to increase the brightness of the screen. I read in the below thread about editing the kernel and thereby increasing the brightness, but it did not mention about the latest update since, it is a old one.

[FIX][14SEPT][ICS]Real Brightness Fix for GS3 | 3 version | [BestScreen is great] - xda-developers

I tried to enter some of the codes on the thread below, but it did not work either.
Samsung galaxy s3 codes secrets - xda-developers

So can Any one guide me or help me, on how to increase the brightness on my screen.
I KNOW TO GO INTO SETTINGS-->DEVICE -->DISPLAY-->BRIGHTNESS---> UNCHECK AUTOMATIC BRIGHTNESS AND INCREASE THE BRIGHTNESS LEVEL TO MAXIMUM.
I ALREADY DID THAT.

To be precise, editing the kernel and increasing the brightness - just like rooting. ( You can't root Your phone with a App or some setting.) obviously, You have to connect Your phone to Your computer and do some stuff. So, on those lines, can anyone guide me on how to increase the brightness??)

I'm searching and if someone gives me some useful info. it will be great.

Thank You.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-23-22-41-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-23-22-41-55.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 35
So are you rooted?

1. Yes. I'm rooted.
2. The first Image shows that I have installed Root Checker and it shows I'm rooted.
3. The Second Image shows I installed Webkey App - Which shows, that it requires Root access.

4. If You need. I'm using a T-Mobile Straight Talk SIM in the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III - SCH-I535 with EDGE or 2G Speeds, with calls, Text, MMS, Data - 2G working.

5. I have installed the OTA - recent OTA from Verizon, if You see that in the First thread, I have attached, BASEBAND VERSION - I535VRUCML1
which is the latest OTA from verizon. But Yes, I'm rooted.

6. If You need, I'm Using a 7500 mAh - Zero Lemon Battery.

Please let me know if You need any more information from my end.

Thank You.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 2.png
    2.png
    128.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 3.png
    3.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 28
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones