Incredible AccelerometerSupport

Last Updated:

1. Randino

Randino Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know the phone only flips to landscape mode when tilt it to the left, but has anyone else noticed that this isn't a hardware issue, merely a software issue?

Case in point, I have an app called Floating Image.
    Floating Image - Android app on AppBrain
    anywho this is a photo app that displays your photos streaming across the phone randomly, when you rotate the phone, the orientation changes, but you can rotate it left, right, or even upside down and it recognizes the orientation, so this shows that if someone was so inclined, (not me) they might could develop an app to enable this across the phone.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

This is how Android is, and isn't anything new.

3. confluence

confluence Well-Known Member

software issue only. an app can easily take advantage of the accelerometer moving in any direction. an example is the bubble level app.

you don't see the option for landscape in the other direction because it makes more sense for the trackball/pad to be on your right side when in landscape.

4. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member

My accelerometer is pretty slow and sometimes doesn't kick in when I move it to landscape mode. The phone in general is slow on certain apps and processes. Kind of annoying.

5. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

this is for a reason, when you are viewing a screen or picture they don't want it orientating around on every little move, they give it a second to be sure that is what you want. for example i believe there is a pre-loaded game called "teeter". you want to see your accelometer and stuff in action fire that game up from the app list.

6. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member

I am not talking a few seconds. Sometimes 5-8 seconds and sometimes never and I need to "shake" it for it to work as well. Not a biggie but it would be nice for it to be a little speedier.

7. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Go to menu -> Settings -> Sound & Display -> At the bottom, G-senor Calibration.

Re-calibrate the sensor and see if things don't improve for you.

pequeajim likes this.