• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible Comparisons

tluv00

Android Enthusiast
Feb 8, 2010
On the edge
Is it just me or do there never seem to be any comparisons on any of the major mobile or electronics websites with the Incredible? Engadget never seems to use it (see the WiFi test and others) as the devices always seem to be the EVO, N1 and Droid. Even the spec "test" against the iPhone 4 didn't have it. Thoughts?

Here is another one iPhone 4 vs. the smartphone elite: EVO 4G, N8, Pre Plus, and HD2 -- Engadget

I mean something little newer. I know it's only been about 45 days since release but most multi device comparisons exclude the Incredible. The one link I posted, some on Phone Arena as well as Android Central. Speed tests, wifi test etc. Specs are great but they mean nothing until applied in real life. Oh well. Not like I am going to an iPhone4 anyways.

Upvote 0
think about it, the tests are all really apple vs android, why have all contenders in the ring when you can have just the top dogs?

EVO is the newest so they would use that and personally I feel like the INC isn't even promoted that hard so in terms of a public comparison the testers probably feel like the N1 or the Droid (which coined Droid Does) would be more common in the readers minds

Upvote 0
The majority of the comparisons between the EVO and the iPhone or other smartphones apply to the Incredible too. They both have Sense, same processor, same camera, etc. Nexus one has the same screen.

I don't mind reading comparison involving other smartphones, I just disregard the features that the Incredible doens't offer, and make a mental note of the ones it does.

And the incredible isn't being promoted heavily because you can't walk into a VZW store and buy one. You won't get it for almost a month (ship by date jumped to 7/8 today). Why advertise a phone consumers can't actually get?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones