Incredible ComparisonsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is it just me or do there never seem to be any comparisons on any of the major mobile or electronics websites with the Incredible? Engadget never seems to use it (see the WiFi test and others) as the devices always seem to be the EVO, N1 and Droid. Even the spec "test" against the iPhone 4 didn't have it. Thoughts?

Here is another one iPhone 4 vs. the smartphone elite: EVO 4G, N8, Pre Plus, and HD2 -- Engadget

Advertisement
  2. Mastermind

Mastermind Well-Known Member

Well, the N1 is just like the incredible, so it's redundant to have both in a comparison.

3. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

4. mched

mched Well-Known Member

CNET TV has a prizefight between the Incredible and the iPhone 3GS.

5. tluv00

tluv00 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I mean something little newer. I know it's only been about 45 days since release but most multi device comparisons exclude the Incredible. The one link I posted, some on Phone Arena as well as Android Central. Speed tests, wifi test etc. Specs are great but they mean nothing until applied in real life. Oh well. Not like I am going to an iPhone4 anyways.

6. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

think about it, the tests are all really apple vs android, why have all contenders in the ring when you can have just the top dogs?

EVO is the newest so they would use that and personally I feel like the INC isn't even promoted that hard so in terms of a public comparison the testers probably feel like the N1 or the Droid (which coined Droid Does) would be more common in the readers minds

7. sail4fun201

sail4fun201 Well-Known Member

The majority of the comparisons between the EVO and the iPhone or other smartphones apply to the Incredible too. They both have Sense, same processor, same camera, etc. Nexus one has the same screen.

I don't mind reading comparison involving other smartphones, I just disregard the features that the Incredible doens't offer, and make a mental note of the ones it does.

And the incredible isn't being promoted heavily because you can't walk into a VZW store and buy one. You won't get it for almost a month (ship by date jumped to 7/8 today). Why advertise a phone consumers can't actually get?

8. indianajonze

indianajonze Well-Known Member

the issue i have is that they continually trot out the nexus in all these comparisons when nobody has the nexus one. the incredible outsold it after day 1 and has the same if not superior specs. THAT should be the default comparison phone, since that's what everyone can relate to.

9. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

In fairness, the EVO is basically the IncredibleXL, plus it's newer with a few extra features, so they might as well use that instead.

10. quest7

quest7 Well-Known Member