• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incredible crashes and now won't turn on

I've had the phone for maybe 8 months and last week it started to crash a bit often, it'd just turn off for no reason. then it started doing it more and more frequently to the point where I couldn't turn it on at all without it crashing immediately. I've tried a factory reset twice but to no avail. But here's the kicker, when I plugged it into my computer it wouldn't crash at all.

Unfortunately now when I try to turn it on it only goes to the white "hTc Incredible" screen and will stay there until I turn it off. Scratch that, as I was typing it started to go to the black screen with the droid symbol where it says "droid" only it's continuously looping through the boot cycle.

It really couldn't have happened at a worse time because I have someone coming up from Phoenix.

I'd also like to know if I'm just screwed so I don't waste any time.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones