Incredible Media Volume IssueSupport

Last Updated:

1. gdpmumin

gdpmumin Member This Topic's Starter

I've searched these forums and haven't found an answer. That doesn't mean it isn't here; it could be that it's buried in topics with thousands of replies. But I did look.

On my Incredible, any time I try to use media (play a game, for example) the volume is all the way down. I turn it up, hear sounds, and within seconds, the volume drops off again. I can always turn it up and it responds, but it doesn't stay there. It always drops off.

Looking for links/guidance on how to fix this problem.

Advertisement
    Wikiwoo likes this.
  2. gdpmumin

gdpmumin Member This Topic's Starter

Still looking for some help on this. If anyone has any ideas, that would be great. I'm about to do a hard reset, but it would be awesome if I didn't have to go through that trouble.

3. cipher6

cipher6 Well-Known Member

I've seen weird issues similar with my Wife's phone. usually its her ringtones and notifications though. I've actually seen it, on the sound volume setting screen, start to turn down on its own with no one touching it.

Its very random though, and I haven't narrowed it down to anything... and only saw it do it on its own once.

4. Rob.G

Rob.G Well-Known Member

Sounds almost like the physical button is being pressed. Maybe it is defective in that is is pressing in when you are not touching it.

I would have had it back at Verizon if it was within warranty time since you can show this happens consistently.

5. cipher6

cipher6 Well-Known Member

Its not consistent. Only saw it happen once, could have been a drop of water on the screen.

And I'm not 100% sure its an issue, or she just isn't good at keeping her sounds set right.