• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incredible Offiicially on Backorder Now??

Rexrod

Feb 9, 2010
Well, I decided to take the plunge this past Monday and order myself an Incredible from a Verizon corporate store. I knew about the delivery dates shown on the web site (5/29) but had read in these forums about people getting their phones much sooner than that. Needless to say, I was very optimistic I'd have a phone in the next few days since I was having the phone shipped directly to me.

I was told by the salesamn to call today to get my tracking number since he said they were shipping customer orders from the stores with a priority over web orders. I called and they said they found out yesterday that the Incredible is on backorder now and no phones will ship for another two weeks.

Has anyone else heard anything similar or should I keep my hopes up that I'll get a surprise in the next few days and chalk this up to store reps not knowing any better?

The one good thing out of this was I was able to work the salesman over for a really good deal (one month of free data, no activation, free car charger, and 35% off any acc. I bought). That's the only reason I went to the store rather than ordering online.

Why dont you check Bestbuy. Yesterday my girlfriend wanted to switch to the Droid Inc and forget about the Iphone (if it is coming to VZW this year). I called 5 stores from my house to work and surround areas and nothing. Went to BB website site add the phone to cart and everything selected store pickup put in my zipcode and found one about 15 miles away from my job.

My boss was nice and let me out 30 mins early so I went and got it for her as a surprise (since I told her the earliest she can get it would be May 29). Its worth a shot I mean two BB out of the 6 that pulled up for the zipcode I was using had them in stock. :mad: plus for some reason she got a free 2GB card that came in the box. I never got that at the VZW store

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones