• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Infused 2.33 vs. official Gingerbread update?

For me, it was both a yes and a no.

Infused 2.33 worked great for me, except that it rendered about half of my videos unplayable (very odd phenomenon, happened every time I re-flashed it, but all these videos work fine on the official ROM and on Froyo stock too).

Aside from that, the official Gingerbread isn't perfect either. It rendered a third of my music library as "unknown" and managed to crack their album arts into some fuzzy crazy painting. Games are also laggy (they ran smoothly on Froyo), but that was also the same for me for the Infused 2.33 ROM, so I don't know if that's more of a Gingerbread+Infuse issue.

Upvote 0
For me, the update offered nothing useful. The best way to get optimum use out of your Infuse is to flash a custom ROM of your choosing. Most of the custom ROMS do not come with the pre-loaded bloatware that AT&T has installed on Gingerbread (and thinks you should need), and the custom ROMS also let you customize the settings and themes to your preferences. I was running the Infused ROM on my phone, and then switched to Zeus. I switched to Zeus because I like the 14 toggle options at the top.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones